Remove post

A place to learn from others, share information and gain knowledge on duck hunting in Maryland, of the fabled Chesapeake bay.

Moderators: Cupped-n-Committed, Mikeguard01

Remove post

Postby PSUbuzz » Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:23 pm

*Update* Barnby no longer has any relationship with BDO according to their new owner. He was running with Chesapeake Outfitters according to hear say, which is about as reliable as a boat motor. Sounds like he was trying to take people out to his old spots which were blocked out by landowners tired of him in previous years hunting too close to houses
Last edited by PSUbuzz on Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
does having multiple screen names on a forum and having a conversation with yourself make you an extra special rock star hunter?
PSUbuzz
hunter

Re: Black Duck outlawfitters at it again?

Postby ohioboy » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:25 pm

PSUbuzz wrote:I thought Scott sold BDO to someone else? How is he still getting pinched by NRP for squatting on blind sites he doesnt have permission on with that name?

I dont know much about this other guy Matt Marlowe, but sounds like plenty of people told them they werent allowed to be hunting there and they just didnt respect the landowner or a fellow hunter letting them know. And we wonder why duck hunters get locked out of properties these days... Thanks fellassssss.... :no:

http://www.refugeforums.com/refuge/show ... p?t=962229

looks like it was sold.
ohioboy
hunter

Postby agkoh » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:24 pm

Scott Sold it two years ago. Ive hunted with the new owner. Great Guy. Sad to see people linking BDO so quickly without fact checking.
Doe-1
Dove-23
Woodies-2
Mallards-2
Buffleheads-2
agkoh
hunter

Postby slicendice » Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:03 am

Link doesn't work. Guessing maybe they pulled the thread?
2013-2014 season totals
1 Bufflehead
1 Gadwall
1 Black duck
1 Hoody
3 Mergs
3 Cans
4 Geese
4 Wood ducks
1 Mallard
3 doe
1 buck
1 fall turkey
slicendice
hunter

Re: Remove post

Postby Cupped-n-Committed » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:09 pm

I can't imagine why someone would have bought that business from Scott. I rarely heard anything good about them.

Do you want the entire thread deleted?
"If you can't have fun doing it, it ain't worth doing, or you're just doing it wrong."

River hunting in my Wilderness Systems Kayaks; Commander 120 and Ride 135
My Blog archeryrob.wordpress.com Confessions of a fisherman, hunter and tinkerer
Cupped-n-Committed
Forum & State Moderator

Re: Remove post

Postby PSUbuzz » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:38 pm

doesnt matter to me whether it goes or stays. I didnt want to give the new owner a bad rep based on the old owners actions. Ive heard since new management stepped in, they arent doing the shady stuff that used to go on and things were a bit better. Thats also just hearsay, I never have or will hunt with them just based on the fact that I get more satisfaction out of hunting my way. Thats what surprised me, or rather concerned me about this incident that he was still pulling strings in that organization. Hopefully its not so and the new owner knows why nobody like BDO.
does having multiple screen names on a forum and having a conversation with yourself make you an extra special rock star hunter?
PSUbuzz
hunter

Return to Maryland Duck Hunting