Looking for a Duck Lease 2014/2015

A place to learn from others, share information and gain knowledge on duck hunting in Maryland, of the fabled Chesapeake bay.

Moderators: Mikeguard01, Cupped-n-Committed

Looking for a Duck Lease 2014/2015

Postby rdeweyb » Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:06 pm

Myself and a few of my buddies are looking for a lease for next season. This probably isn't the best way to go about this, but since we go to the Naval Academy, we don't have the advantage of knowing people who know people. If you know of anyone who wants to lease one, especially a flooded field (of course we're down for anything that's reasonably priced), let me know. Hope all of y'alls seasons went well.

**Edit; seeing as how hard fields are to come by, we're up for anything that has ducks at this point. I guess I didn't realize that Maryland doesn't grow rice like Louisiana does so there aren't very many flooded fields.
Last edited by rdeweyb on Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rdeweyb
Newb

Re: Looking for a Duck Lease 2014/2015

Postby Ruination » Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:49 pm

I'm guessing you are from the south. Flooded fields around here are closely guarded and I do no think i have ever seen one up for lease.
Ruination
hunter

Postby Gandergetter » Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:31 pm

Yes I agree you will be very hard pressed to find one anywhere close around here. If you join a club that does flooded fields for ducks you will be 2k+ per man. I know of a club that has openings that has geese and ducks about 15-20 mins from the bay bridge. They kill lots of geese and they kill ducks in the field but its naturally flooded. They also have a water blind on the river. Ducks killed this past year were woodies, mallards, blackduck, cans, bluebills, buffelheads, ruddy, whistler, gadwell and prob a few other types on a lucky day. If you want more info on this PM me.
Gandergetter
hunter

Postby rdeweyb » Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:20 pm

Ruination, you are quite right. I'm am from the south. Louisiana, specifically, so flooded fields are EVERYWHERE.
rdeweyb
Newb

Return to Maryland Duck Hunting