Guides???

A place to learn from others, share information and gain knowledge on duck hunting in Maryland, of the fabled Chesapeake bay.

Moderators: Cupped-n-Committed, Mikeguard01

Guides???

Postby Dingbatter 2 » Wed May 14, 2014 8:34 pm

Some friends and I are thinking of coming up and hunting this season, as well as hitting some of the restaurants that you guys recommend. :wink:

I did a search and what about Black Duck Outfitters? You guys gave them mixed reviews in the past. Any ideas on where to go and who to go with would be deeply appreciated. Some of my buddies have never hunted open water, so I'm hoping to put them on some divers or seaducks. A Can would be nice, but I'm not going to get my hopes up on that one.
"When I get to heaven, tie me to a tree
For I'll begin to roam and soon you'll know where I will be..."
Dingbatter 2
hunter

Re: Guides???

Postby Montauker » Thu May 15, 2014 12:38 pm

Pit Boss is tops for sea ducks. Book now, he books very quickly, might even be too late.

Chesapeake Guide Service has some productive canvasback spots. He is in Chestertown.

I suggest staying in Easton or Chestertown. Canvasbacks vary from year to year, but starting around Christmas time is when your odds increase.

Outside of Easton is a small town called Oxford, the Robert Morris Inn is awesome (you can stay there as well, with dogs).

In Chestertown - hit up Uncle Charlies, best food in town in my opinion.
Montauker
hunter

Postby Dingbatter 2 » Thu May 15, 2014 2:46 pm

Thanks Montauker!! Really appreciate the info.
"When I get to heaven, tie me to a tree
For I'll begin to roam and soon you'll know where I will be..."
Dingbatter 2
hunter

Postby don novicki » Mon May 19, 2014 3:49 pm

Yea thanks Montauker. I looked at the Rpbert Morris Inn and it would be great to bring the wife down for 2-3 days. Get some hunting in and enjoy the area. Great advice......... :thumbsup:
don novicki
hunter

Postby Montauker » Tue May 20, 2014 1:53 pm

If you stay in Oxford be sure to set some time aside to visit the Museum in St. Michaels (waterfowling and watermen) Chesapeake Maritime Museum.

Depending the time of year, oysters and crabs at RMI are great and if they have it, Smith Island cake for dessert.

Another idea is to come for the waterfowl festival in Easton in early November, hunting isn't as great then, but it is a fun weekend and the wife will enjoy it as much as you do. This typically does not coordinate well with the goose opener, even though the World Goose Calling championship is held that weekend.
Montauker
hunter

Postby PADuck » Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:21 am

Black duck outfitters is a great group of guys
PADuck
hunter

Postby jake_carr » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:17 pm

Black duck outfitters is a fantastic guide service
jake_carr
hunter