eastern shore gunners

A place to learn from others, share information and gain knowledge on duck hunting in Maryland, of the fabled Chesapeake bay.

Moderators: Mikeguard01, Cupped-n-Committed

eastern shore gunners

Postby commited » Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:47 pm

do we have a eastern shore hunters here...only wondering?
"a green head a day, keeps the gamewarden away"

Guns dont kill people, religions do...
commited
hunter

Postby Daffy Ducking » Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:15 pm

:hi: How Far East ??? Delaware?? Yes!!! :thumbsup:I hunt in Delaware and Maryland.
Ever lay in bed at nite and hear geese honk and ducks quackin????
Daffy Ducking
State Moderator

Postby ChesterRiverDucker » Sat Dec 22, 2007 3:22 pm

yea I live and hunt Kent county
ChesterRiverDucker
hunter

Postby DuckHunter2009 » Sat Dec 22, 2007 3:54 pm

yes I hunt dorchester county
DuckHunter2009
Newb

Postby commited » Sun Dec 23, 2007 7:46 am

ChesterRiverDucker wrote:yea I live and hunt Kent county

i hunt a farm up in kent county too....its near pomona....awsome goose hunting, but the deer are just fantastic...i at least see big deer everytime up, and take a few aswell

commited
hunter

Postby ChesterRiverDucker » Sun Dec 23, 2007 6:33 pm

I live and goose hunt 5 minutes from pamona and duck hunt about 3 minutes from pamona
ChesterRiverDucker
hunter

Postby commited » Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:47 pm

Lovers Lane Rd do u know where that is?....we are litterly right next to there...

commited
hunter

Postby ChesterRiverDucker » Mon Dec 24, 2007 2:20 pm

what end? quakerneck rd side or airy hill rd side? entire area is great hunting
ChesterRiverDucker
hunter

Postby commited » Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:09 pm

um....i fairly sure it is quakerneck rd.....but man your not kidding about the hunting...i mean the first year we went down for opening day of deer, (3 years ago) i killed a beautiful 8 point, the year after my dad killed a wall hanger 12, and this year i saw plenty of nice deer but just couldnt get a shot.......and goose hunting is almost hurting me, im starting to lose my fire to get up every morning, because were killed out but about 7:30 every morning anyway :rofl: :rofl: ...hell of a spot...just crazy

commited
hunter

Postby trimike76 » Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:39 pm

I'm originally from the Eastern Shore....grew up on Kent Island and went to QA County High. But I'm in the military now and just moved back to the area (live in Annapolis since I have to commute to DC for work). I'll tell you....after being away for a few years, the Eastern Shore sure looks a lot different than it used to! It used to not be hard to get access to land, but now it seems about impossible! I'd love to hunt over there since my family still lives there, but I just don't have the land....so I've turned to sea duck hunting. Any ideas from you guys on where to do some good huntin' without paying an arm and a leg? I used to have family out near the 50/301 split with a farm, but they moved away and sold the land several years ago. If any of you guys are up for some huntin' sometime, let me know.....I live just across the bridge and keep my boat at the mouth of the Severn here at the house.

~Mike
trimike76
hunter

Postby commited » Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:48 pm

i go to QA....but yeah kent island is geting, very populated......but saying that, i have lived, hunted, fished, and gone to school here all my life, and i realy dont think i could live anywhere other. As far as finding a place to go, i have a pit in aeston, a water blind at my house, and two dear farms, one in kent county, the other also in easton. Easton would be your best bet if u dont mind the the drive, three of the guys in our pit drive from glen burny every day to hunt, so i know it can be done lol.....but i know plenty of guys that were desperate for a farm, and found one in easton. Just find a good looking feild, and ask the farmer

commited
hunter

Postby trimike76 » Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:58 pm

I definately don't mind driving....I actually drive over there to Centerville every morning for some fire/emt classes that I'm taking. Want to get together and do some hunting? I'm always up for meeting new people.....just about everyone that I knew on Kent Island no longer lives there anymore. My parents still live there so I'm over there at their house quite a bit.....
trimike76
hunter

eastern shore hunters

Postby rmh » Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:58 pm

I just got done looking at the Eastern Shore across the water.
rmh
hunter

kent co

Postby masterbaiter » Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:12 pm

live in kent co. near millington on the river, hunt geese in worton and run in the chester sea ducking. both of my boys go with me they are 18 and 16. cant imagine anything better, except nailing a bushel of big black river crabs!!!!!!!!!
masterbaiter
hunter

Postby dirtyj » Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:43 pm

chestertown, quaker neck landing, right near a bunch of you.
dirtyj
hunter

Postby DaveMD » Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:34 pm

Yes, I live on the western shore, but hunt mostly in dorchester county.
DaveMD
hunter

Postby murray8144 » Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:24 pm

Small world - my buddy (phishbum) and I grew up in Kent County, I in Pomona and he on Langford Road. My folks run the little general store in Pomona, if you know where that's at.

It's a waterfowl fest right in back of my folks' property, in Pomona. Unfortunately, never been able to hunt anywhere near my hometown - no land. Awesome place to see plenty of birds though, coming back home from New Jersey it reminds me of what ducks and geese actually look like...
murray8144
hunter

Postby phishbum » Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:26 pm

Good ol' Kent County. Nothing like standing outside after dark listening to ten thousand Canadas calling to each other and watching flocks of snows cruising through the night sky like ghosts.
phishbum
hunter

Postby murray8144 » Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:30 pm

phishbum wrote:Good ol' Kent County. Nothing like standing outside after dark listening to ten thousand Canadas calling to each other and watching flocks of snows cruising through the night sky like ghosts.

the Blue Bird(s) are pretty cool too :biggrin:
murray8144
hunter

Postby Takem23 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:06 am

hoopers island here. Gonna build an offshore blind in front of the dock for buffs this year. Might just mud boot it though.
Takem23
Membership permanently suspended

Postby commited » Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:06 am

murray8144 wrote:Small world - my buddy (phishbum) and I grew up in Kent County, I in Pomona and he on Langford Road. My folks run the little general store in Pomona, if you know where that's at.

It's a waterfowl fest right in back of my folks' property, in Pomona. Unfortunately, never been able to hunt anywhere near my hometown - no land. Awesome place to see plenty of birds though, coming back home from New Jersey it reminds me of what ducks and geese actually look like...

i fairly sure i do know were that is, we go there after deer hunting, if im thinkng of the same one

commited
hunter

Eastern Shore of Virginia

Postby drbell » Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:57 pm

I hunt on the Eastern Shore of Virginia, down in cape charles, lots of black ducks and sea ducks
drbell
hunter

Postby mdgooseman » Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:28 pm

Yes i hunt in talbot and dorchester county...anyone looking for a huntin buddy for next season???
mdgooseman
hunter

Postby Wld Fowl » Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:40 pm

Chincoteague, VA for me.
Wld Fowl
hunter

Postby duk man » Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:25 pm

chincoteague for me also.
Team Fowl to the Bone "in it for the limit"
duk man
account suspended for advertising/promo

Next