Hunting near Baltimore

A place to learn from others, share information and gain knowledge on duck hunting in Maryland, of the fabled Chesapeake bay.

Moderators: Mikeguard01, Cupped-n-Committed

Hunting near Baltimore

Postby ejay » Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:21 am

Hey,

I just moved to Baltimore from New York on the Hudson river where I hunted malards.
Does anybody know where around here I could go? Where is good?
Plus anybody looking for a new hunting buddy let me know.
ejay
Newb

Postby hopkins11 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:48 pm

I try for goose in hampstead - but not too much success this year.
For duck I mostly go to Easton with Canadian Prarie Outfitters - its a good time.

The season is just about over for most of Baltimore county but I'd be happy to trade hunts next year if anyone is interested. Fact is, I'd be happy to find any duck hunting in the northern county at all!

I also know there's lots of public hunting but most requires a boat, which I don't have yet.
hopkins11
hunter

Postby Willie » Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:46 pm

Might want to check on the Maryland or Va forums too. :thumbsup:
Willie
hunter

Postby Mikeguard01 » Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:54 am

I don't know how I missed this post. First off :welcome: to the state of Maryland There are limited opportunities and most duck hunters are not willing to give the few spots that they have up. What part of Baltimore do you live in? What size boat? Are you just looking to shoot puddle ducks? If you would like to shoot divers there is a offshore waterfowl zone in the bay 400 yards off the shore line in Baltimore and Harford counties with a few other restrictions. Since today is the last day of duck season you might want to get out and search areas for next season. Here's a link to DNR that should help.
http://www.dnr.state.md.us/huntersguide ... unting.asp

Mike
Mikeguard01
State Moderator

Return to Maryland Duck Hunting