Layout Blind

A place to learn from others, share information and gain knowledge on duck hunting in Maryland, of the fabled Chesapeake bay.

Moderators: Cupped-n-Committed, Mikeguard01

Layout Blind

Postby goosewalker » Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:48 pm

Just finished my first waterfowl season, and I am hooked. Looking for some advice on the purchase of a layout blind. Any recommendations?
goosewalker
Newb

Postby Cupped-n-Committed » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:28 am

I have the FA SUB blind and it works good. There are lots out there and it does not hurt to meet up with guys and lay in theirs in their yard!

I only buy field brown in mine and spray paint them and then mud. That way when the mud washes off they still are very dull and slightly camo in brown and beige.
"If you can't have fun doing it, it ain't worth doing." my motto

There is nothing better than hunting with friends and then crackin' a couple of cold ones afterwards.
Cupped-n-Committed
Forum & State Moderator

lay out blind

Postby rmh » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:39 pm

It may depend on what you're doing. I have an Interceptor: sits high, heavy, can be awkward. PLENTY of room and cuts the wind. Also have a Blanket Blind: sits low, light, portable. Doesn't totally cover you, doesn't really cut the wind. Both needed brushing out with grass to break up the outline. I used the Blanket exclusively this season.
rmh
hunter

Postby goosewalker » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:18 pm

Thanks guys. I would be using it in fields, ponds and embankments. I used a buddy's this season. It did the trick, but I will need my own next season. I will take your advice, check out some of my buddy's layouts, and decide when they go on sale, or I can find one used.

Thanks,
goosewalker
Newb

Postby Cupped-n-Committed » Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:38 am

Where are you? People can suggest for you to try theirs unless they know if our close to them.
"If you can't have fun doing it, it ain't worth doing." my motto

There is nothing better than hunting with friends and then crackin' a couple of cold ones afterwards.
Cupped-n-Committed
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Maryland Duck Hunting