Spring is here.

A place to learn from others, share information and gain knowledge on duck hunting in Maryland, of the fabled Chesapeake bay.

Moderators: Cupped-n-Committed, Mikeguard01

Spring is here.

Postby Mikeguard01 » Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:55 pm

Well what's everybody been up to. Trout opening next weekend. Turkey and Striper season getting close. I'm suffering with a bad back :thumbsdown: .

Mike
Mikeguard01
State Moderator

Postby slicendice » Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:36 am

Hang in there!! I lost part of last years deer season because of back problems/surgery.

I'm definately ready for turkey season to start. I probably won't scout this weekend due to the trout opener, but I'll definately be out there scouting starting next weekend.
2013-2014 season totals
1 Bufflehead
1 Gadwall
1 Black duck
1 Hoody
3 Mergs
3 Cans
4 Geese
4 Wood ducks
1 Mallard
3 doe
1 buck
1 fall turkey
slicendice
hunter

Postby Duck-it » Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:15 am

Been working real hard on getting my duckboat project finished. A few more little odds and ends and all done.
Been working between rains to get our food plots together, plowing the mud is tuff. Going to get down there tomorrow and finish rolling and liming. Might even start planting.
We cut a 2 ac pond in two years ago and when we went down last week, we kicked off 2pr of nested geese, 3pr mallards. 5pr of woodies. Kinda stoked about hunting it, but we are going to leave it alone for at least 4-5 years.
Duck-it
hunter

Postby Mikeguard01 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:24 pm

Slice, I hate the thought of being down for the count. Good Luck this weekend with the trout. Take some pics. I guess I could tie a few flies.

Duck-it, sounds like you have a future sweet spot for deer and fowl. Any turkey's there? How about fish in that pond yet? Having it all in one spot you just can't get any better than that.

Mike
Mikeguard01
State Moderator

Postby Duck-it » Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:25 am

Turkeys, do we have turkeys. I killed one last year with a 11 3/4" beard. We are seeing about 25-30 birds just about everytime we go down there. As far as the fish go, we were just talking about that last week. We are going to drop some blue gill and bass in it this year. We are also having it perk tested and will be possibly be building an 1800 sq ft cabin next year, that way we will never have to leave the ranch. (wishful thinking)
Duck-it
hunter

Postby Mikeguard01 » Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:33 pm

Duck-it
That sounds great. Good retirement home. :thumbsup:

Mike
Mikeguard01
State Moderator

Return to Maryland Duck Hunting