Dove Hunting?

A place to learn from others, share information and gain knowledge on duck hunting in Maryland, of the fabled Chesapeake bay.

Moderators: Cupped-n-Committed, Mikeguard01

Dove Hunting?

Postby Ichabod » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:32 am

:help: Does anyone know some good or decent dove hunting fields/locations on the western shore? Preferably the southern Charles County area. I’ve only live here for about 1 ½ years so my knowledge of areas to dove hunt is limited. When I lived in Arkansas dove season was the start of waterfowl "practice" and allot of fun to shoot and better to eat. I would like to try and get a few guys I work with that haven’t done allot of hunting to go with me. There are 2 or three that are interested right now. I wouldn’t mind taking a few more or shearing time in the field with some others also..... :cheers: ....... Any information or anyone interested in going just let me know. That is if I get the low down on some places to hunt. I know it’s still a ways out but I’m getting the fever…..
Ichabod
hunter

Postby Mikeguard01 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:08 pm

If you find one let me know. All the public land still has standing corn when the seasons in.

Mike
Mikeguard01
State Moderator

Postby Ichabod » Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:30 pm

I'll do that......Back in the day, we use to dove hunt in a group of about 10 or so....sure makes for a good time.... :umm:
Ichabod
hunter

Postby Mikeguard01 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:20 pm

Great time to take kids. They don't have to get up early,

Mike
Mikeguard01
State Moderator

Postby Cupped-n-Committed » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:55 am

Drive around and look for silos and try and find which ones are active milk farms. Ask for permission. If they give it to you ask when they will spread the manure and hunt it the day after.

It's like cheating, but shhh, just keep this between us. :thumbsup: Put on a brown suit and lay just up wind of it and load you gun fast. :yes:
"If you can't have fun doing it, it ain't worth doing." my motto

There is nothing better than hunting with friends and then crackin' a couple of cold ones afterwards.
Cupped-n-Committed
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Ichabod » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:12 pm

I tried the stop and ask thing a few times with no luck...... :thumbsdown: ....offerd some help around the farm, money, and the ole faithfull "Just got stationed here last yr........" This is not to say that I'm going to give up. But I think I'm going to bring my son with me the next time to see if he can work some magic.....lord knows its works on his mom and I.... :huh:
Ichabod
hunter

Return to Maryland Duck Hunting