Hello out there!!!!!

A place to learn from others, share information and gain knowledge on duck hunting in Maryland, of the fabled Chesapeake bay.

Moderators: Mikeguard01, Cupped-n-Committed

Hello out there!!!!!

Postby Ichabod » Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:44 pm

Hey where is everyone? I figured that with the hunting season almost in full swing there would be allot of activity on here. But to my surprise its like a ghost town in here. :huh:

Well I've been out once and there wasn't any teal within 10 miles of my boat. All though there was allot of woodies to go around...... So I'm going to try and do some deer hunting in the coming week and head to SC to do some hog hunting if I can get away for a weekend.

Has anyone had any luck do any kind of hunting?
Ichabod
hunter

Postby Cupped-n-Committed » Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:10 am

Nope, not a bit of hunting with me. Too many projects and kid in sports eating up Saturdays. I'll be hunting the late seasons.
"If you can't have fun doing it, it ain't worth doing." my motto

There is nothing better than hunting with friends and then crackin' a couple of cold ones afterwards.
Cupped-n-Committed
Forum & State Moderator

Postby rmh » Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:30 am

Went the first Sat. of RP goose, didn't see a one until I left and was driving up the road, they were in a bean field about a mile where I had been. Big group flies over my house at 7:30 each evening now.
2013 Totals
1 2003 Ford Focus (harvested by a 6 point whitetail)
1 1991 Chevy Lumina (harvested by a PT Cruiser)
rmh
hunter

Postby msmall » Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:59 am

I took my new pup out on the boat on the Potomac, saw a few birds but nothing to get excited about.
msmall
hunter

Postby slicendice » Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:53 am

Lefty and I went out a couple times for RP geese, but we had more DNR officers in our spread than geese. We didn't do anything wrong but a guy who deer hunts the property didn't like the competition called in to DNR and told them we were shooting doves before noon. You'd think the decoy spread would be a dead giveaway that we weren't dove hunting...
2013-2014 season totals
1 Bufflehead
1 Gadwall
1 Black duck
1 Hoody
3 Mergs
3 Cans
4 Geese
4 Wood ducks
1 Mallard
3 doe
1 buck
1 fall turkey
slicendice
hunter

Postby PSUbuzz » Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:11 pm

dont ya just love the guys with the badges.... i need to make a trip home and grab my MD license. I got up early this morning and left my college apt, got 2 flocks in by myself... they must not have been shot at yet somehow. dropped 5 in the field, not bad for one guy in an hours hunt :thumbsup:
PSUbuzz
hunter

Postby duckhntr83 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:03 pm

I'm about to go climb some trees here as soon as I finish a few things to shoot on base. I got one last year so hopefully I can hammer down another one other than that just waiting for duck season to roll around...
U.S. Navy-Aviation Ordnanceman
Delta Waterfowl
Ducks Unlimited
NRA
duckhntr83
hunter

Postby Mikeguard01 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:53 pm

No place to really go around me. I have been fishing and just waiting for Oct.

Mike
Mikeguard01
State Moderator

Return to Maryland Duck Hunting