New DHC Member

A place to learn from others, share information and gain knowledge on duck hunting in Maryland, of the fabled Chesapeake bay.

Moderators: Mikeguard01, Cupped-n-Committed

New DHC Member

Postby Old Army » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:05 pm

Hey Guys..
New to the forum. I live in Alexandria, but usually hunt in and around Montgomery County, MD. Have hunted the Potomac and the McKee Beshers WMA area. Looking for new places around the house and would really like to try around here south of the Woodrow Wilson Bridge.

Thoughts of anywhere where we can hunt on the weekends? I assume Dyke Bouys are out of question on Saturdays?? Also, anyone hunt in or around the Chesapeake Bay?

Looking forward to hearing from yall and learning of new places and set ups. FYI, have a good canoe, plenty decoys, and a very impatient 10 year old chocolate lab.

Trace Roller
Alexandria, Virginia
Old Army
Newb

Postby Mikeguard01 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:43 am

Trace,

Welcome to the site. :welcome: You live a little south of me the only places I have hunted around you are the ones you mentioned. I'm sure someone here can point you in the right direction. If your looking for divers or sea ducks (providing you have a large enough boat) you could hunt in the offshore waterfowl http://www.dnr.state.md.us/wildlife/grzone.html or sea duck zone. http://www.dnr.state.md.us/wildlife/seaducks.html ( maps available on DNR web sitellinks provided) Other than that you could check the DNR web site for some possible locations.

Mike
Mikeguard01
State Moderator

Postby Cupped-n-Committed » Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:38 am

Welcome Trace, I assume you know about the Out of stater having to have a MD resident with you when hunting on the River, but it does not apply, I think if you are on MD owned land or if the islands are considered river bottom. But if you have a boat a MD resident is usually easy to find here to tag along with you. :thumbsup:

I have never hunted down that way so i can't help much. But welcome anyways.

:welcome:
"If you can't have fun doing it, it ain't worth doing." my motto

There is nothing better than hunting with friends and then crackin' a couple of cold ones afterwards.
Cupped-n-Committed
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Maryland Duck Hunting