Rules ?

A place to learn from others, share information and gain knowledge on duck hunting in Maryland, of the fabled Chesapeake bay.

Moderators: Mikeguard01, Cupped-n-Committed

Rules ?

Postby Bullets » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:19 pm

I'm new to shooting. My boss took me out to shoot clays this summer and it was awesome. Now I want to shoot some birds. I saw some info on sea duck hunting. Can anyone tell me if it is lawful for me to take the old man's boat out on the water in the chesapeake and shoot birds out of the sky? Will I need to paint his boat in camouflage? What else do I need beside the obvious guns & ammo?

Additionally, anyone know the rules on shooting clays in your backyard? Is that allowed?
Bullets
Newb

Postby slicendice » Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:02 am

I'm relatively new to fowling, myself and I'm totally clueless when it comes to the regs for seaducks. I can tell you though, that this board is a great place to meet new people and get information. Seeing as you have a boat, see if anyone on here wants to tag along with you to show you the ropes. Or see if you can tag along with someone on here. That's how I got started last year and I learned alot. As far as the clays in your backyard, I would think it would depend on your backyard and your local ordinances. Each town, city and county have their own laws when it comes to discharging firearms.
2013-2014 season totals
1 Bufflehead
1 Gadwall
1 Black duck
1 Hoody
3 Mergs
3 Cans
4 Geese
4 Wood ducks
1 Mallard
3 doe
1 buck
1 fall turkey
slicendice
hunter

Postby Mikeguard01 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:51 pm

I don't hunt Sea Ducks myself but you can. As far as camo I know of a few guys that just hang burlap over the boat with good success. Not sure of shooting clays in your yard. Here's a link to the rules for the Sea Duck Zone. There's a link on the site for the map

Mike
http://www.dnr.state.md.us/wildlife/seaducks.html
Mikeguard01
State Moderator

Return to Maryland Duck Hunting