Slice, Lefty, and Cupped

A place to learn from others, share information and gain knowledge on duck hunting in Maryland, of the fabled Chesapeake bay.

Moderators: Mikeguard01, Cupped-n-Committed

Slice, Lefty, and Cupped

Postby Labs » Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:01 am

Well guys...the waterfowl season is upon us here in Minnesota. Tikka really didn't miss a beat after all the training and testing that we did over the summer. If you didn't know, she earned 3 hunt test titles over the summer.

The duck opener was on Saturday Oct 3rd, but you can't hunt until 9 am and we had a bluebird forecast, so we hunted grouse, instead. Sunday we did pretty good on the ducks....killed 9....4 mallards, 3 Golden eye and 2 woodies....Tikka was steady on all, and I broke her of the habit of messing with the birds when they were in the blind. Good luck on your seasons....it has been getting down the 30's here at night...well, at least up north it has been....talk to you all soon...

Pictures will be forthcoming...
"Fundamentals are a crutch for the talentless" - Kenny Powers
Labs
hunter

Postby slicendice » Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:42 pm

Awesome deal, Labs!! Sounds like you and Tikka are making out real well.

Back east, we're chomping at the bit to get started. I've been scouting a couple spots and things look pretty promising.

Jon
2013-2014 season totals
1 Bufflehead
1 Gadwall
1 Black duck
1 Hoody
3 Mergs
3 Cans
4 Geese
4 Wood ducks
1 Mallard
3 doe
1 buck
1 fall turkey
slicendice
hunter

Postby Cupped-n-Committed » Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:43 am

Nice to hear Shawn. I look forward to seeing the pics.

Is the move to MN a permanent thing?
"If you can't have fun doing it, it ain't worth doing." my motto

There is nothing better than hunting with friends and then crackin' a couple of cold ones afterwards.
Cupped-n-Committed
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Cupped-n-Committed » Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:47 am

Slice and lefty, I should invite both of you over and we can do some calling and watch the bad Grammer DVD. I got another buddy that will probably come over also. Are you all deer hunting on Sat Afternoons or are Sundays good?
"If you can't have fun doing it, it ain't worth doing." my motto

There is nothing better than hunting with friends and then crackin' a couple of cold ones afterwards.
Cupped-n-Committed
Forum & State Moderator

Postby slicendice » Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:30 am

Rob,
I can't really speak for Lefty, but I'm booked solid until at least the duck opener. I'm bowhunting Saturday morning, then heading to DC in the afternoon/evening with the family. Sunday morning, Lefty and I are heading to Dorchester county to scout out a place at Blackwater for sikas. Monday I'm bowhunting. Tuesday and Wednesday I have to work/do things at the house. Thursday morning I'm muzzleloader hunting in Frederick county, then in the evening Lefty and I are heading to Dorchester to hunt Blackwater on Friday. Friday night we're headed back to Washington County to get the boat, load it up and then headed out Saturday morning for the duck opener. The Sunday after the duck opener is the first day I have open.
2013-2014 season totals
1 Bufflehead
1 Gadwall
1 Black duck
1 Hoody
3 Mergs
3 Cans
4 Geese
4 Wood ducks
1 Mallard
3 doe
1 buck
1 fall turkey
slicendice
hunter

Postby Lefty26 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:49 am

Good to hear things are going well Shawn. We are definitly going to miss tikka in the blind this year, Slice doesnt swim so well so I don't know who is going to chase down our ducks. :biggrin:

Cupped,

I am booked as well until the Sunday after the opener, I have way to much stuff to do and not nearly enough time to get it all done. Hopefully we can get together once things slow down and hang out a bit.
Lefty26
hunter

Postby Labs » Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:26 pm

Cupped,...yeah, the move back out here is permanent...unless I can find a pharmaceutical company that wants to pay me all kinds of money to move back out there....

Lefty....I know who will be chasing ducks....it will be you....keep the canoe close or get good at rock hopping!!! :yes:

A wet suit may come in handy during the early season.... :biggrin:
"Fundamentals are a crutch for the talentless" - Kenny Powers
Labs
hunter

Return to Maryland Duck Hunting