Aberdeen folks

A place to learn from others, share information and gain knowledge on duck hunting in Maryland, of the fabled Chesapeake bay.

Moderators: Cupped-n-Committed, Mikeguard01

Aberdeen folks

Postby steelslinger » Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:41 pm

Going to be in Aberdeen from the 26-31 and was wandering if there is anything cool to do or see in that part of the woods. Have never been there before and will be TAD, don't want to sit in the hotel every afternoon watching the boob tube and being bored. Looking for things like Outdoor Stores, museums, or something fun to do.
If you hunt WITH your children today, you won't hunt FOR them tomorrow
Put "em in the woods and keep 'em off the streets
gangrig25 wrote:SO YOU WANT A PAT ON THE BACK OR WHAT :huh:
steelslinger
Capt. Obvious

Aberdeen

Postby roger5828 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:03 pm

There's not alot to do right in Aberdeen but right next door in Havre De Grace is the decoy museum which is cool if you are a hunter. HDG also has some nice parks on the water and several good restaurants. If you like to fish bring a rod/reel and chase some rockfish in the Susquehana. The 2nd split of Duck season is also in that week so you can try to whack some divers. Drive 15 minutes west of Aberdeen and the town of Bel Air also has some good bars/restaurants. Other than that you can drive north on I-95 up to Delaware Park for horse racing/slots or head towards Baltimore.
roger5828
hunter

Postby Weber » Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:09 pm

Bass pro shop is about 20 mins away :thumbsup:

Stripers are running up by the damn :thumbsup:
Weber
hunter

Postby Arkansas » Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:36 am

Hello,
I will so be moving to the Aberdeen Area (Ft Monmouth BRAC). I plan on buying property in Cecil County. I'm a huge outdoors man (mainly Waterfowl and fish; Fish to find places to duck hunt). Question is there many places to hunt in Cecil county both public and private? I am recently retired from the US Army and now a DA Civilian that works on Ft Monmouth, NJ. I grew up hunting in Arkansas and my most of my military career in the southwest. Hunting is pretty sad here in New Jersey..
KR Brooks
Arkansas
hunter

Postby Weber » Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:16 am

Well your in the right area for fishing!

I'm just getting into waterfowl hunting but Cecil county is a great area for fishing :thumbsup:
Weber
hunter

Return to Maryland Duck Hunting