No Boat :-(

A place to learn from others, share information and gain knowledge on duck hunting in Maryland, of the fabled Chesapeake bay.

Moderators: Cupped-n-Committed, Mikeguard01

No Boat :-(

Postby hopkins11 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:31 am

Hi Guys,

I've been using this site for a while now and have really learned a lot - particularly about goose hunting.

Right now, I'm working with another member to find some public duck hunting this year. We don't have a boat (yet) but would really like to get some shooting opportunities. Is there such a thing as walk-in public hunting for duck around baltimore county / western shore? I understand that you don't want to give out your spots, so please be as specific or general as you like. Also, feel free to PM me if you prefer to keep it under wraps.

Thanks in advance guys - As 2 new duck hunters, we really appreciate any help we can get!
:smile:

-Alex
hopkins11
hunter

Postby hopkins11 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:39 am

Anyone looking for 2 extra guns this weekend?
:help:
hopkins11
hunter

Postby Cupped-n-Committed » Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:25 am

Go to here and down to Maryland. There is lots of public lands and some require a $35 permit fee to be able to reserve blinds. http://www.madduckoutdoors.com/public_hunting.htm
They are also in your hunting book. Gunpowder, but you got to reserve them and a lot of guys are after them.

You could also try scouting and knocking around Liberty and Loch raven. The geese are strong around those bodies of water and i am sure some one does not want them in their field, pond or yard. man it would be sweet if they opened those waters to winter time hunting but they are owned by Balto City. :no:
"If you can't have fun doing it, it ain't worth doing, or you're just doing it wrong."

River hunting in my Wilderness Systems Kayaks; Commander 120 and Ride 135
My Blog archeryrob.wordpress.com Confessions of a fisherman, hunter and tinkerer
Cupped-n-Committed
Forum & State Moderator

Thanks,

Postby hopkins11 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:16 am

Thanks, I tried a few last year with no success.
I guess I'll just call each one to see what can be done on foot...
hopkins11
hunter

Return to Maryland Duck Hunting