Duck Hunting Forum banner

Patuxent Duck Hunting Info - Jug Bay to Benedict

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Quackpottery 
#1 ·
Hello All,

I'm looking to do some duck hunting next year in the pax, and just wanted to find out if anyone had some info/experience on how the duck hunting is on this part of the river. I live near Waysons Corner, and am looking to hunt anywhere from just north of Hill's Bridge, past Jug Bay and down through Benedict. I hear there are plenty of mallards and woodies, just not sure what else people are getting into, especially further down river. Any info on what folks are seeing and what types of decoy spreads you guys use for these parts of the river would be appreciated. Also, if anyone is looking for hunting partners next fall/winter, give me a shout! I've got a jon boat and a canoe, and would happily cover gas and supplies for the knowledge gained from an experienced local.

Thanks.

#2 ·
Mallards and mallards, some woodies. The further south you get, the more likely you are to run into some divers. I always throw out a few canvasbacks just for good measure. South of Hills Bridge, you will also run into a lot of geese. Its a good spot, just get out there and hunt it hard if you can.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.