Hunting Partner

A place to learn from others, share information and gain knowledge on duck hunting in Maryland, of the fabled Chesapeake bay.

Moderators: Cupped-n-Committed, Mikeguard01

Hunting Partner

Postby dekeburt » Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:42 pm

I have rented a boat w/blind and plan on hunting on Veteran's Day. I'll go out on Sunday afternoon to do some scouting (well, more of trying to figure out where blind sites so I don't end up in the wrong spot at 0dark30). I could use some company, but in the spirit of full disclosure, I'm pretty new to waterfowling, especially in MD.
dekeburt
hunter

Postby roger5828 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:48 am

Let me know which of the public sites you are scouting and I can give you some info. I have hunted some of them in the Baltimore area with my boat and unfortunately haven't had too much luck.

Roger
roger5828
hunter

Postby dekeburt » Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:16 pm

Thanks for helping out. I just moved to Baltimore late this summer, so I haven't had much chance to do a lot of scouting. I've heard that Days Cove/North point area is pretty good, and that would be the closest to me. Have you been to other local areas?

I'd like to find some standby areas indifferent areas, so I'm planning on scouting around diff areas as I get time. Any pointers or general recommendations are certainly welcomed. The areas I was thinking were Southern Region: Blossom Point up to Chicamuxen WMA on the Potomac or Eastern shore's Fishing Bay, Deal Island, and Millington WMA.

Since I really am not familiar with this area, any recommendations (even to say that a spot has not typically been very productive) would be appreciated.
dekeburt
hunter

Postby Trailman » Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:47 pm

Days cove is a good bet for you. Relatively sheltered but the water levels can bite you. Go to www.mdwfa.org and look up your local rep. See what he can do for you as far as info. For the southern region you'll need a free permit for all the areas down there.

http://www.dnr.state.md.us/huntersguide/publiclands.asp
"It does not take a majority to prevail . . . but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.”
Trailman
hunter

Return to Maryland Duck Hunting