Central Mass Duck Hunting Locations?

From the Berkshires to Cape Cod, Here is the place for the Bay State waterfowler to discuss and share their Massachusetts duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: captainkevan, JoeP, Tim D, MIKE J., HeritageHunter

Central Mass Duck Hunting Locations?

Postby onthewing » Fri Oct 01, 2004 2:09 pm

Hi Everyone and Anyone,

I am new to the game I grew up hunting rabbits, partridge and deer. I am up for a new challange. I have been sea duck hunting on a number of occassions but I am well aware that sea ducks and inland ducks are much different. Does anyone know of a Pond or Marsh in Centeral Massachusetts that produces some ducks? I would much appreciate a tip on a local spot. I will be happy to provide may favorite sea ducking hunting spots if anyone is interested. Thank You in Advanced.!
onthewing
Newb

central mass duck hunting location

Postby ray » Tue Oct 05, 2004 11:14 pm

Start with the conn. river. It has alot of public boat ramps and it is a decent flyway.
ray
hunter

Postby duckdoc » Wed Oct 06, 2004 2:42 pm

I've heard the Quaboag River WMA in the Brookfields is a decent spot, although I must admit I've never been, and it may be a bit crowded at times. Also would have to follow WMA regs (orange hat during overlap with pheasant season, hunting hours, etc.).
duckdoc
hunter

central mass hunting

Postby ray » Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:58 am

duckdoc- the quaboag river is decent if you scout out an area. opening day does have a little pressure but not that bad. As far as the WMA side of it,have your orange hat in your pocket with you if your going to walk on the propertie where birds are stocked,and they do put alot of pheasant out in these areas which is a nice bonus.
ray
hunter

Return to Massachusetts Duck Hunting