Anyone need a Partner?

From the Berkshires to Cape Cod, Here is the place for the Bay State waterfowler to discuss and share their Massachusetts duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: captainkevan, JoeP, Tim D, HeritageHunter, MIKE J.

Anyone need a Partner?

Postby RealCanman » Wed Nov 30, 2005 12:14 pm

Hey guys...can someone help me out I am looking into a seaduck hunt in MA (Cape Cod) or any east coast states in Jan. I love diver hunting but never went sea duck hunting. I was checking the rates for guides and they are someone high...I guide in WI and only charge $100.00 a half day per person. So is there any guides out there that just do this as a hobbie like myself and are some what reasonable or anyone welcome other hunters in there boat for a morning or two? Would be willing to trade a diver hunt on Lake Winnebago or Lake Michigan (cans, bills, redheads) Any suggstions would be great.

Thanks
Travis Manson
manson7607@yahoo.com
RealCanman
Newb

Postby duckdoc » Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:59 pm

Canman- check PM I just sent you with link to local guide service- $200 per person per outing. Plenty of eiders around, so probably a good chance at limiting out in short order. In Mass, limit on sea ducks is 7 daily, of which 4 can be eiders (max 1 hen eider). Plenty of scoters and occasional long tail (formerly oldsquaw) around to help fill out the remainder of the limit. May be willing to join you on this if I'm available (generally Saturdays only). Season ends Jan 21, so let me know if/when you're coming out.
Duckdoc (Jim Shepherd, M.D.)
Harwich, MA
duckdoc
hunter

Return to Massachusetts Duck Hunting