Cans in Mass

From the Berkshires to Cape Cod, Here is the place for the Bay State waterfowler to discuss and share their Massachusetts duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: captainkevan, MIKE J., JoeP, HeritageHunter, Tim D

Cans in Mass

Postby JoeP » Sat Dec 10, 2005 8:08 am

Hello everybody, got a question. Any of you guys had a chance at a can
this year? I have been out a bunch of times and haven't seen one yet.
Is this because they just aren't common around here, or because the numbers are much lower than years ago. Or maybe both? Like I have said in the past this is my first year duck hunting so I am still learning and fealing things out so that is why I came to you guys :thumbsup:

Any opinions?

Thanks JoeP
JoeP
State Moderator

Postby hunt-chessies » Sat Dec 10, 2005 8:27 am

can't really say about mass but i hunted in maine the past 2 years and only saw a small handfull (4 or 5) up there in 2 years time. If you wanting a can id think about tying to go down to the chesapeake bay because i think you will find it a hard find in mass!! good luck to you
Proudly owned by "HR A hunters dream of Westwind JH"

I quote HNTFSH ****Hunting is a form of training but not the first wave of it. *****
hunt-chessies
Forum Moderator

Postby Mike M. » Sat Dec 10, 2005 6:38 pm

I have only seen one canvasback ever in Massachusetts. It was a drake and one beauty of a bird. They are very uncommon birds for these parts but I have heard of a few people getting them on the South Shore and down by RI.
Mike M.
hunter

Return to Massachusetts Duck Hunting