Anyone Here from Concord?

From the Berkshires to Cape Cod, Here is the place for the Bay State waterfowler to discuss and share their Massachusetts duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: captainkevan, HeritageHunter, JoeP, Tim D, MIKE J.

Anyone Here from Concord?

Postby JTR » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:05 am

I saw on the news this morning that Concord has just become the first town in the country to ban bottled water. They voted on it last night at their town meeting. Fortunately for cat owners, the voting for the proposed leash law for cats was delayed, because the bottled water debate took too long. :rolleyes:

I'm thinking about buying out the entire supply of Brita filters in the area and selling them on the streets for 10x profit. Anyone? :biggrin:
Ruger's Retrieves: I lost count
JTR
hunter

Re: Anyone Here from Concord?

Postby HeritageHunter » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:56 am

I heard this on my way in to work this morning on the radio. I would be suprised if it actually sticks. They are already fighting it on the basis that it is discrimatory because only bottle water is being banned and not other bottle products like soda, beer, etc.

If it is true that is pretty funny about the cat leash law. I bet that gets to be a heated debate. :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
Keep the tradition alive and take a kid hunting!!!!

Honor our soldiers. Their sacrifice has given us our freedom.
HeritageHunter
State Moderator

Postby VaTailfeathers » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:04 pm

So it's illegal to buy or sell bottled water in Concord, or actually have it in posession? I bet this idiotic law doesn't get past a session or two of the appeal process.
Isn't Concord a bit of a historical destination for vacationers? How the heck are they going to attract money spending tourists when they will be fined for drinking water in public or drinking while driving?
Idiots. To think that a basic freedom of Americans would be crapped on where the first instance of our War of Independance took place, to gain our freedom from England.
VaTailfeathers
hunter

Postby VaTailfeathers » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:29 pm

" “These bans are very serious because they open up Pandora’s Boxes to allow special interest groups to ban anything,” Cohen told the Herald. “People’s freedoms get stripped away when this happens; special interest groups get to control commerce. These things have a great impact to the economy and jobs as well. I see the writing on the wall. If you ban one thing, you can ban anything.”

YEAH, LIKE HUNTING!!!!!!!!

http://www.bostonherald.com/business/ge ... position=2
VaTailfeathers
hunter

Postby Mike M. » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:45 pm

It might not pass constitutional muster but think about how much it would cost a bottled water distributor to bring a civil case over a single municipal ordinance? Would it be worth it for a company? I don't know the answer to that question.

I worked in Concord at a most famous pond and birthplace of the conservation movement for 7 years. It was a lot of fun. I drank a lot of bottles of water in that town. :biggrin:
A serious reduction in the population of black ducks would mean the end of waterfowl hunting for the majority of the New England sportsmen.

Rachel Carson, 1947
Mike M.
hunter

Postby JovanDismal » Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:38 am

Concord, Massachusetts, isn’t the first to ban bottled water; the city of Bundanoon, Australia, banned bottled water in 2009. The city of Toronto, Canada, banned bottled water from city property, according to the Toronto Sun, after the city of London, Ontario, banned bottled water in 2008, according to the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. As of March 2012, according to Bloomberg, more than 90 college campuses in the United States had banned or restricted bottled water sales, encouraging students to use refillable containers, such as steel bottles, instead.
JovanDismal
Newb

Postby Professor_Leakey » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:05 pm

i sortve forgot about this thread. when i first read it this morning, before realizing when it was first posted, i thought for a second, damn Vat is back again. :hi: :lol3:
I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.
Professor_Leakey
hunter

Postby McManusClan5 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:40 am

Ha! My first thoughts were: "Great! Another hunter in Concord - now there are three of us here!" :beer:

Followed quickly by: "Damn, another person in the already too small spaces." :sarcmark:

:lol3:
McManusClan5
hunter

Return to Massachusetts Duck Hunting