FID card question

From the Berkshires to Cape Cod, Here is the place for the Bay State waterfowler to discuss and share their Massachusetts duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: captainkevan, JoeP, Tim D, MIKE J., HeritageHunter

FID card question

Postby MIKE J. » Sat Jul 01, 2006 3:18 pm

Okay here’s a question I hope someone may be able to answer in regards to the FID / LTC law

An active duty service member who is a Massachusetts resident stationed outside of the state of Massachusetts returns for 2 weeks of leave and wants to hunt, Unless the member already has a current FID/LTC*** they cannot legally hunt with a resident hunting license. Nor can they apply for a FID with the local PD as it would take too long to process, plus I was told that I would have to return once every 179 days so the FID would remain valid. (not practical in today”s military)
(*** My FID issued in 1980 expired under the new law)

I was told to purchase a non resident hunting license to be able to hunt. :pissed: :pissed: :pissed:

When a service member is honorable discharged they have a 60 day grace period to apply for a FID/LTC .

I was wondering if anyone has a friend or relative that is Military who has gotten the right info on this matter, needless to say I haven’t been able to hunt in Mass since the new FID cards went into affect. There should be a exemption in the law that allows resident service members in a leave status to be able to hunt as a resident without a valid FID card.
"Kill counts are for snipers, fighter pilots and Novice duck hunters."
MIKE J.
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Dogman » Sat Jul 01, 2006 5:02 pm

I used to live in Mass and I remember the complications in firearms laws,even 20 years ago,I imagine it has gotten worse.If no one can post up correct info I suggest you contact an NRA affiliate like G.O.A.L Massachusetts.
My lab is still the best hunting partner there is.
Dogman
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Massachusetts Duck Hunting