Merry Christmas!

From the Berkshires to Cape Cod, Here is the place for the Bay State waterfowler to discuss and share their Massachusetts duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: captainkevan, JoeP, Tim D, MIKE J., HeritageHunter

Merry Christmas!

Postby Professor_Leakey » Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:26 am

i hope everybody is having a great time with their families today. curious to hear if anybody managed to get out for a hunt this morning. i got out and despite a check from an epo exactly 1 minute before legal shoot, i managed to bag a nice fat drake mallard. he was real professional and it only took a minute. ...luckily they flew a little late this morning at my spot.

:beer:

I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.
Professor_Leakey
hunter

Re: Merry Christmas!

Postby Joser06 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:23 am

Nice bird with some nice curls! I wanted to get out today but the girlfriend wouldn't let me leave the bed. I owe it to her I guess after the dozen full flocked higdons she bought me....l
Joser06
hunter

Postby Baymen Moe » Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:43 pm

Joser06 wrote:Nice bird with some nice curls! I wanted to get out today but the girlfriend wouldn't let me leave the bed. I owe it to her I guess after the dozen full flocked higdons she bought me....l

Marry that girl. A dozen decoys is nice, but if you made her your wife she would have gladly let you leave the bed. :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
Baymen Moe
hunter

Postby JTR » Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:06 pm

Nice Leakey. Scotty and I got out for a quick hunt, but got shut out. We saw a total of about 5 ducks.

The EPO's must be out in force right now. We got checked last weekend.
Ruger's Retrieves: I lost count
JTR
hunter

Postby Jofa » Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:10 pm

Well my inland swampy spot has frosted over w quite a bit of thin ice, :no:

There were probably a hundred birds out there last friday w all that warm rain, but none today, and only a handful of mallards buzzed by at last light looking for a place to roost. They didnt even slow down, so who knows where they spent the night.... I just hope it warms up before the end of the season?

I sat by a small pool that has moving water and had stayed open, but none of our feathered friends seemed to notice my refreshing little spot so i got skunked tonight :crying:
Jofa
hunter

Postby VaTailfeathers » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:19 am

Joser06 wrote:Nice bird with some nice curls! I wanted to get out today but the girlfriend wouldn't let me leave the bed. I owe it to her I guess after the dozen full flocked higdons she bought me....l

I don't care what guys say. A day in bed with the girlfriend beats a day in the blind with your buddies, their beer farts and re- run jokes, and full limits on birds. Hunting is fun, but ya gots ta keeps ya prorities straight. :beer:
VaTailfeathers
hunter

Return to Massachusetts Duck Hunting