Duck Hunting Forum banner

Are you freakin kidding me?

1K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Duramax0530 
#1 ·
I don't have all the details on this bill Gov Patrick wants to intoduce, but I heard a snippet on the morning news. He wants to offer parole to teenage murderer's. Now, with all the gun control talk going on, wouldn't you think it be prudent to keep MURDERERS behind bars. They keep talking about common sense legislation. I'd like to see some. :mad:

Found the link, interesting. I still get urked at the possibilities of a violent offender getting out to offend again.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2013/0 ... story.html

#5 ·
cut'emalljack said:
While I agree that it is a travesty, I'd rather have lawmakers arguing over this than compiling some ridiculous gun control laws!
they are both tied in together. these kids doing all the shootings are a big part of the reason the gun control laws are proposed. now patrick wants to let them out, give them another chance, and take away the rights of responsible gunowners? what about us law abiding citizens? what about the cops that have to deal with these murderers on the street a second time around? why is it that violent criminals get the protection? why do people worry about their rights so much? im not venting this towards you, cutem, i know you agree its a travesty. just makes no sense

#6 ·
Sent him an email to let him know where I stand on the matter this is what I got back about gun control.

Dear Trevor:

On behalf of Governor Deval L. Patrick, thank you for your recent correspondence regarding firearm safety and legislation.

Governor Patrick believes that successfully deterring gun violence requires a multi-faceted approach and should include policies focused on guns and at-risk individuals. That is why the Governor has and will continue to push for legislation that includes a formal collaboration between Massachusetts and the National Mental Health Registry, a ban on assault weapons and a limit on the amount of guns one person can buy in a given month.

Once again, thank you for your input on this important issue. Please feel free to contact our office again in the future with any additional questions or concerns. Your comments are always welcome in this administration.

Sincerely,
Governor Patrick's Constituent Services Office
617-725-4005
www.mass.gov/governor/contact

#7 ·
Duramax0530:
"a ban on assault weapons"

When I sent Gov. Patrick a similar email I got a similar response. I replied by asking " Don't we already have an assault weapons ban?". I got the usually "thank you for contacting us" response, but no answer to my question. I replied by asking the question again. I keep getting a "thank you" response, but no answer to my question. :huh:

#8 ·
duckstopper333 said:
Duramax0530:
"a ban on assault weapons"

When I sent Gov. Patrick a similar email I got a similar response. I replied by asking " Don't we already have an assault weapons ban?". I got the usually "thank you for contacting us" response, but no answer to my question. I replied by asking the question again. I keep getting a "thank you" response, but no answer to my question. :huh:
Thats what I thought....Just another example that all these so called "important" people are very uneducated when it comes to this kind of stuff.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.