Really Patriot Ledger??

From the Berkshires to Cape Cod, Here is the place for the Bay State waterfowler to discuss and share their Massachusetts duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: captainkevan, MIKE J., HeritageHunter, JoeP, Tim D

Really Patriot Ledger??

Postby SMSovis » Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:35 am

Take a second to read this article... Although I do not totally agree with just hunting places that arent posted but the law is the law...

First its in the "Crime" section of the paper and second they clearly state the law then let Jo (Moonbat) Simons go with her "Illegal hunters" statement..

http://www.patriotledger.com/topstories ... ting-signs

I know who these guys are exactly and I am sure many of you guys do as well.... :yes:
"Crime doesn't pay, and weasels finish last."
SMSovis
hunter

Re: Really Patriot Ledger??

Postby HeritageHunter » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:03 am

Not for nothing but the article states that the land is posted, and that they allow people access after permission is granted.

Sounds to me like a few guys pushed it and got caught. Now 200 acres are going to be posted, and an article explaining how people can prevent hunters getting access to there land was published.

Not good.
Keep the tradition alive and take a kid hunting!!!!

Honor our soldiers. Their sacrifice has given us our freedom.
HeritageHunter
State Moderator

Postby SMSovis » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:15 am

HH,

You got it... But you know if it isn't posted it is still legal.... I don't completely agree with that method but it is legal.. What pisses me off is that it is in the crime section and they basically admit that the hunters were in there and it wasn't posted...

It is what it is I guess...
SMSovis
hunter

Postby HeritageHunter » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:12 am

I think we are interpreting the article differently. The Second to last paragragh states that the land is posted as Non-Hunting.

The police were quoted as saying they have had issues with people removing signs.

Either way NH & MAss are similiar in the regard that while hunting on non-posted land is legal, the requirements for posting land are barely enforced and basically a land owner has to do is put up one sign anywhere and the land is posted.

Sucks but if the land was posted, no matter how poorly the signage was displayed, the hunters had no legal right to be there.

HeritageHunter
State Moderator

Postby SMSovis » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:33 am

I agree that posted is posted... I don't stand there and measure and check and see if they are filled out etc... My thought is signs are signs.. I think a large section is not posted.. I have been in that area and looked..

You all know who this article was written about......
SMSovis
hunter

Postby cut'emalljack » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:02 am

SMSovis wrote:You all know who this article was written about......

We do? Who? I just scanned over the area on google earth and there doesn't appear to be any water so it's doubtful it's waterfowlers. Also finding a bow in the area doesn't exactly eliminate waterfowlers, but it makes it very unlikely. Seems to be a pretty broad "we all know who it is" accusation.
Cut'em
"Spot burning is for novice duck hunters, cyber scouters and pot-stirrers"

Proud member of Team FYG NEWTON
cut'emalljack
hunter

Postby SMSovis » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:29 am

Would you like to see pictures from the diver duck hunt there? I have my sources...

You know the group... The petting pond, pounding, pro staff is who was hunting it...

If you couldn't find any water you should revisit it again... Or exactly where it is because you are not looking in the right place...
SMSovis
hunter

Postby SMSovis » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:35 am

Also have a friend who's house backs up to the pond there... :thumbsup:
SMSovis
hunter

Postby HeritageHunter » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:40 am

Guys keep it on topic.

If you want to discuss the validity of the Ledger putting it in the criminal section or the difficulty of determining whether a certain piece of land is post by all means go for it.

But lets not speculate on whether certain people have or have not done something that the police were quoted as "not having suspects" for.

Thanks
HH

HeritageHunter
State Moderator

Postby SMSovis » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:08 pm

No speculation from me... As I said I would be happy to post some picture....
SMSovis
hunter

Postby Jofa » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:40 pm

As far as I'm concerned, the police & EPOs should go in and arrest any hunter who is tresspass hunting in there. I dont have any empathy for hunters who sneak into posted conservation or private land to 'sneak-hunt.'

PS - I'm not interested in the personality conflicts w people who arent even on this forum anymore.
Jofa
hunter

Postby SMSovis » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:43 pm

Jofa wrote:As far as I'm concerned, the police & EPOs should go in and arrest any hunter who is tresspass hunting in there. I dont have any empathy for hunters who sneak into posted conservation or private land to 'sneak-hunt.'

PS - I'm not interested in the personality conflicts w people who arent even on this forum anymore.

I do agree..

I must not have been clear.. My point is that this place is NOT posted for the most part.... I don't see a whole lot of wrong doing except how it was reported....
SMSovis
hunter

Postby Jofa » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:09 pm

i hear you, i think they said it was 200 acres too, so if they dont want it hunted, they have to post the heck out of it.

The hunters are probably putting their tree stands on the fringes of adjoining property owners land, which is fine, but the nervous nellies out there will see some one in orange and think the world is coming to an end.

the other night i was talking to a friend who is a non-hunter but a police officer and he said he has seen men "hunting with rifles" - "on his property" behind his house in south eastern mass.

After further discussion, it turns out that this land was actually not HIS, but the adjoining rod and gun club's land, and he just happened to see someone in orange walking through the woods. I tried to talk sense to him, but he grew up in the city and has never hunted or really spent any time outdoors. I thought that as a cop he would have at least more experience with the hunting concept, but he actually said that he "felt threatened" by the presence of these hunters simply walking by on his neighbor's land? He was convinced the guy had a rifle during deer season, which I tried to explain wasnt likely, but he was convinced he was right. :no:

Im not saying this to bash cops, because all of my cop friends who hunt are all very safe and talented hunters. I just thought this guy would at least have been somewhat more exposed to the hunting concept than the average suburban nitwit.
Jofa
hunter

Postby SMSovis » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:43 am

SMSovis
hunter

Return to Massachusetts Duck Hunting