Mocking me every day

From the Berkshires to Cape Cod, Here is the place for the Bay State waterfowler to discuss and share their Massachusetts duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: captainkevan, Tim D, HeritageHunter, MIKE J., JoeP

Mocking me every day

Postby mawtrfowler » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:05 pm

Every day day on my commute to classes I see these ducks off the Merrimac River less than half a mile from campus. Its like they're just sitting there mocking me every time i drive by. There are usually a lot more of them too. Definitely more mallards than I saw all season. Just thought I'd share
Attachments
TKNt1O0R4JfrKEZZ2QY_cAv4nTlZdL0XQUYjQc38IoU.jpg
mawtrfowler
hunter

Re: Mocking me every day

Postby woodsman1987 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:59 pm

I feel your pain. It certainly seems like they know they are safe now. I came home for lunch today in Nahant and there were hundreds of ducks flying overhead circling a neighbor's house who puts out bird food. They were actually displacing the normal birds that were there. It was quite a sight to see, but hurt my feelings.

The geese are certainly on the move though. Seeing a ton of geese on the move in the coastal area. I struck out with getting permission from the few farmers I contacted, but I may have to go lay out and shoot passing birds this weekend.

Hope everyone is surviving the post season without too much withdrawal.
woodsman1987
hunter

Return to Massachusetts Duck Hunting