the missing 17 year old found at sugar loaf!!

From the Berkshires to Cape Cod, Here is the place for the Bay State waterfowler to discuss and share their Massachusetts duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: captainkevan, Tim D, HeritageHunter, MIKE J., JoeP

the missing 17 year old found at sugar loaf!!

Postby Professor_Leakey » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:21 pm

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/03/05/search-for-missing-medford-teen-at-sugarloaf-enters-third-day/

i know this is not hunting related, but it is a local story about outdoors survival...

you probably heard the story of the kid who went missing atop of sugar loaf in maine. after two days missing i didnt really have much hope for him. today it was great to see that he managed to survive. he did not panic like many people would have. he built a snow cave and hunkered down until he was found. what a great story and strong kid. very rare to have a happy ending like that on the news. :clapping:

it could have so easily been a tragedy...and he credits it to watching the survival shows on tv. i am so relieved for his family and friends.
I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.
Professor_Leakey
hunter

Re: the missing 17 year old found at sugar loaf!!

Postby MIKE J. » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:20 pm

I'm glad it ended with him alive. I have deer hunted that area and I was thinking he was going to be found after the snow melt. I would not want to spend a night, never mind 2 in those conditions. Good for him :bow:
"Kill counts are for snipers, fighter pilots and Novice duck hunters."
MIKE J.
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Massachusetts Duck Hunting