is bellicheck brain dead?

From the Berkshires to Cape Cod, Here is the place for the Bay State waterfowler to discuss and share their Massachusetts duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: captainkevan, MIKE J., JoeP, HeritageHunter, Tim D

is bellicheck brain dead?

Postby toolmaker » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:51 am

they wouldnt pay Wes Walker 12 million for 2 years, so he signs with the oppositions, DENVER, and then Belliboy goes out hours later and signs a guy JUST like him , that has been injured the last 2 years, for 31 million for 5 years!!!!!!!!

is anyones head doing a Linda Blair spin over there????????
at least thats the info i read about it

the tool
favorite quote: We constantly dont do things this way
toolmaker
hunter

Re: is bellicheck brain dead?

Postby Professor_Leakey » Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:39 pm

i grew up having to listen to all the home games on radio because they couldnt sell out and blacked out the games on tv. they havent won a super bowl in a while now sure, but they have had a legit chance at it every year. i really didnt want to see welker go but i am willing to give the coach a break because most of his decisions have been right.

but yeah, the welker move does seem like a head scratcher. it was not a huge contract...and he has been real tough and not missed many games...but he is 32 and amendola is a solid player and 5 years younger. he had 85 catches on a bad team with a lousy qb. i think if he stays healthy he can top that number with brady throwing to him. people say he is injury prone but his injuries seem a little flukey to me, a dislocated elbow, broken clavicle and a heel. if it was a lot of knee problems and an older player, i would worry more. i think he has a chance to at least come close to welker's production and to do it for longer than welker is gonna hold up.

what i really hope to see them do is load up the defense. crossing my fingers they get ed reed and john abraham, sign talib, dennard doesnt do time, etc...
DuckPharm wrote:I'm talking about the pie billed goldeneye.
Professor_Leakey
hunter

Postby aclumpkin » Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:54 pm

I agree... passing on Welker will come back to bite them hard. I know that Gronk is the first target and that Welker has dropped some big passes in the playoffs but overall, he makes that team better in my opinion. Oh, and much better than Amendola who has a hard time staying healthy.
When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid.
aclumpkin
hunter

Postby HeritageHunter » Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:52 am

Welker is a 32 old slot receiver with a bad knee. Drops have steadily increased and in Denver he will be drawing the double teams. Not Moss and Not Gronk like has happened in NE the last few years.

Amendola is 5yrs younger and has had some freaky injuries over the last few years. As far as the contract, length of the deal means nothing in the NFL. Contract has 10million guarenteed. That is 2yrs at 5mil per. If he flops your out of it in 2yrs, if he works out you get a great player for roughly 6mil per year for the next 5yrs. And that is only if he sees the end of the contract.

I think Belichick is doing a good job adding pieces. I would like to see them get Vollmer back but the draft is deep in lineman this year so right tackle could be answered thru the draft. Donald Jones I think could end up being a great 3rd option from Buffalo. If Emmanuale Sanders ends up being true another great young option.

Adding Wilson to the defense is huge. He will be a leader on the field and make sure guys are where they are supposed to be. This gives us McCorty, Gregory, and Wislon as out safeties. If Hightower makes the next step and the d-line continues to be good we will be in great shape up the middle.

I am not sold on Talib. Injury prone and once he has a contract will he become a problem. Dennard and Arrington are solid so the other corner is the issue. Could the Pats trade for Revis. Yes. They have the cap space and the draft pics to pull it off. Draft day deal.
Keep the tradition alive and take a kid hunting!!!!

Honor our soldiers. Their sacrifice has given us our freedom.
HeritageHunter
State Moderator

Postby Professor_Leakey » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:56 am

HeritageHunter wrote:Dennard and Arrington are solid so the other corner is the issue. Could the Pats trade for Revis. Yes. They have the cap space and the draft pics to pull it off. Draft day deal.

you think the jets would actually trade him to us? i doubt it but God i hope im wrong. i just cant imagine them sending him to us.

arrington is just ok and dennard may be facing jail time for punching a cop. dowling would be good if he wasnt always hurt

*Talib just signed a one-year deal with the pats. that is great news. the guy will be highly motivated to perform to earn that next contract. it is good for arrington, too because they can keep him at slot where he belongs.
Professor_Leakey
hunter

Postby HeritageHunter » Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:29 am

If the jets are smart they will trade him. They are 3yrs away from anything and that is only if they find a QB. If you could get 2-3 high draft picks for him from NE than trading him in the division should not be a concern. They are in total re-build mold. Remeber PAts traded Bledsoe to Buffalo because they made the best offer.

Aqib on a one year deal is perfect. I did not think they could get him for a single year but the market is not there for him. I like Arrington as a 3rd/slot cornerback. If he is your #1 cornerback you are in trouble, but against a teams third receiver I like him.

So know we have Aquib at corner, McCorty at Free Safety, Wilson/Gregory at SS, and Dennard/??? at weak corner. I like the way this is shaping up. Need a cover Linebacker, pass-rusher, and D-lineman and we could have top 15 defense...

HeritageHunter
State Moderator

Postby Professor_Leakey » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:02 pm

time to sign dumervil and stick it to the broncos...have him opposite chandler jones
Professor_Leakey
hunter

Postby JTR » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:08 am

Professor_Leakey wrote:time to sign dumervil and stick it to the broncos...have him opposite chandler jones

I agree Leakey. Jones and Dumervil would scare the crap out of any quarterback and would definitely give the secondary a little help keeping up with their receivers.
Ruger's Retrieves: I lost count
JTR
hunter

Postby Professor_Leakey » Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:52 pm

Tim Tebow?!?!?!?!? hey im rooting for the guy and itd be pretty funny if belichick got something out of him.

http://youtu.be/tbiC1GhbfNo
Professor_Leakey
hunter

Postby aclumpkin » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:43 am

Professor_Leakey wrote:Tim Tebow?!?!?!?!? hey im rooting for the guy and itd be pretty funny if belichick got something out of him.

http://youtu.be/tbiC1GhbfNo

I see this going one of three ways:
1. Tebow is a very long term project and they think that perhaps over two to three years they can work with him and perhaps turn him into a much better passer and work on his mechanics. In this case, he may not even see the field this coming season but for a few snaps.
2. They try him out at another position. Yes, Tebow has said he only wants to play QB (and from what I hear the Patriots are saying QB as well) but I am still thinking they could try him at like full back. I don't see TE because he doesn't have the experience imo.
3. They try a few things, can't come to terms, and he doesn't make the team. From what I understand, if the Patriots cut him, they owe him nothing monetarily.

I see the likelihood being 3, then 1, then 2. One thing is for sure, they have a better chance in turning him into a productive QB and football player than the Jets did / do.
When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid.
aclumpkin
hunter

Postby HeritageHunter » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:48 am

I'd be suprised if he makes it out of taining camp.

HeritageHunter
State Moderator

Postby Professor_Leakey » Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:11 pm

Aaron Hernandez...wow, talk about throwing everything away. what a moron.
Professor_Leakey
hunter

Postby JTR » Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:39 am

Only thing Hernandez has going for him now is that he's a quick TE........ Sorry, had to throw a joke out there. :lol3:
Ruger's Retrieves: I lost count
JTR
hunter

Postby Baymen Moe » Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:47 am

JTR wrote:Only thing Hernandez has going for him now is that he's a quick TE........ Sorry, had to throw a joke out there. :lol3:

Yeah, but in jail he's going to be a WR :lol3:
Baymen Moe
hunter

Return to Massachusetts Duck Hunting