New to site, old to hunting MASS!!

From the Berkshires to Cape Cod, Here is the place for the Bay State waterfowler to discuss and share their Massachusetts duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: captainkevan, MIKE J., JoeP, HeritageHunter, Tim D

New to site, old to hunting MASS!!

Postby briggsy » Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:29 pm

Good day all!!! I am new to the site, just wanted to say hi. I grew up in Central Mass, Barre area. I hunted up until joining the AF and have traveled quite a bit in the last 15.5 years. I get up there at least once a year for duck day opener though. I am presently stationed in the Panhandle of Florida, otherwise known as the only place where there are no ducks!! Well, I look forward to swapping information/stories with fellow duck/goose hunters. I am coming up for opening week, I am already having trouble sleeping thinking about first morning...first light...first shot.....first miss.....oops....I mean first harvest!! Anyway, take care and good early hunting for geese, save some for me in Oct. Go PATS!!
briggsy from Central MASS, stationed in FL, ADAF
briggsy
hunter

Postby Tim D » Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:13 pm

Welcome!!! We look foward to your Posts!!

Tim D
Tim D
State Moderator

Postby MIKE J. » Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:38 pm

Briggsy, Welcome to the forum, :salude: If you are in the area during the holidays give me a yell and we'll see about getting you out for some Sea Ducks. I always have room for fellow service members and veterans in my boat. Good luck with the opener :thumbsup:
"Kill counts are for snipers, fighter pilots and Novice duck hunters."
MIKE J.
Forum & State Moderator

Postby flytackle » Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:31 am

Welcome home Briggsy! Alec
flytackle
Membership permanently suspended

didnt know there were so many...

Postby briggsy » Thu Sep 14, 2006 6:21 pm

I have been trying to catch up with all of the posts....I was on a similar site before, but not specific for MASS...its good to see that all of the political beaurocracy with licensing/fees has not scared the die hards away! Waterfowl hunters are the hardest workers in the field, bar none!
Anyway, Mike J, thanks for the invite, and I will take you up on that if the timing is right. I know in the military I have dealt with all the other branches of service...I have the ultimate respect for what they all do...I am just a puke medic....but everyone has to do something right?
What are everyones plans for October 16th??? hopefully I will be waist deep in water and feathers!! What are everyones first hunt plans? Any new equipment being used?
briggsy
hunter

Postby Tim D » Thu Sep 14, 2006 6:54 pm

I will be waist deep in either goose feathers or wood ducks and teal either or somthing will fall hard , Been out everyday goosen been a great year for geese and Bands , so I just hope to see good or great duck numbers better than years pasts :getdown:

Tim
Tim D
State Moderator

recount of last day, last year

Postby briggsy » Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:47 pm

Speaking of Bands...On my last hunt of last year, (I only had the first few opening days up in MASS), the last duck I shot was a banded Wood duck. I couldnt believe it. It was in full plume....very mature bird. It was banded like 20 miles away from where I got it. What a way to end my short but sweet hunting trip. I cannot wait to live up there again. Now that I am on this site, I am really looking forward to meeting up and swapping some hunts with you guys. The last site i was on in Fl, the guys were very illusive and a little bit rude...I dont see that happening on this one....thats a good thing..
briggsy
hunter

Return to Massachusetts Duck Hunting