antique decoys

From the Berkshires to Cape Cod, Here is the place for the Bay State waterfowler to discuss and share their Massachusetts duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: captainkevan, JoeP, Tim D, MIKE J., HeritageHunter

antique decoys

Postby Woodsy » Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:26 pm

Quick question for you Mass. guys. Since the NH forum has crickets chirping in it its so dead I figured one of you guys might be able to enlighten me. Have any of you guys sold any antique decoys lately and if so how did you come up with a price for them. I got a bunch of old solid wood Brant and buffie gunners from an old man when I bought his tdb and they are just collecting dust around my garage. I saved a few of the real nice ones and decorated the house with them but if I try to get anymore through the front door the wife will :hammer: me for sure. I have thought about eBay or maybe craigslist but honestly I can't even come up with a legit price to start and I am not greedy but I also don't want to sell myself way under either. Any thoughts comments or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Woodsy
Woodsy
hunter

Re: antique decoys

Postby MIKE J. » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:48 am

Woodsy, I would post some pictures on the decoy forum and just inquire for general info on who / era etc. Then take the responses and gauge whether or not they might be worth alot more or less. Dont mention you are looking to sell them. say you got them for cheap at a yard sale and see what the responses. There are books with current prices for decoys too. Good luck
"Kill counts are for snipers, fighter pilots and Novice duck hunters."
MIKE J.
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Massachusetts Duck Hunting