Question for all us gun owners...

From the Berkshires to Cape Cod, Here is the place for the Bay State waterfowler to discuss and share their Massachusetts duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: captainkevan, JoeP, Tim D, MIKE J., HeritageHunter

Question for all us gun owners...

Postby Baymen Moe » Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:39 pm

Now that we know the remaining suspect of the bombing is still at large and considered armed and dangerous, what do you do? This is a somewhat far fetched but valid question, considering he may still be in Massachusetts. When you go to bed tonight, do you break the law and keep a loaded gun unlocked and handy? OR, do you follow the law and keep everything locked up?

Clearly it is unlikely we would meet the kid, but think about not being ready for that meeting. I don't give a rat's ass about my opinion being public. Load and Unlock.
Baymen Moe
hunter

Re: Question for all us gun owners...

Postby 0321Tony » Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:54 pm

Your not allowed to keep a loaded gun by your bed??

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
0321Tony
hunter

Postby Baymen Moe » Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:00 pm

0321Tony wrote:Your not allowed to keep a loaded gun by your bed??

This is Massachusetts, with some of the strongest gun laws, the answer is to your question is No you can't.
Baymen Moe
hunter

Postby Professor_Leakey » Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:24 pm

in this state we are required to offer coffee and cake to any intruders. this is the state where a robber actually sued the owner of the building he was robbing because he hurt himself on the fire escape. anyone remember that story?

to answer your question baymen, yup...always locked and unloaded. :wink:

my next door neighbors door was kicked in 2 weeks ago and they were robbed in broad daylight and on a busy street.
I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.
Professor_Leakey
hunter

Postby 0321Tony » Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:40 pm

Wow I get out quite a bit and travel to America but minus hunting I don't check into too many gun laws. I have over 30 guns in my closet and they don't work without bullets in them. I just bought my first safe it should be here in the next month or so. The only reason I bought it is to protect from fire. When I hear of laws like this it amazes me they get them passed. How do they expect you to protect your selves. Oh yeah that's what the cops are for:-?
So are you required to have them in a safe or unloaded? Or both?

0321Tony
hunter

Postby 0321Tony » Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:45 pm

I am guessing concealed carry is out of the question then. I think states that pass laws like that should be liable for any damage or death caused by a criminal. They take your right to protect yourself then they should provide an armed guard on your doorstep protecting you.

0321Tony
hunter

Postby duckstopper333 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:08 pm

I would think a loaded firearm under my pillow or on my nightstand would be "under my control" just like carrying a loaded firearm in a holster on my side. Provided I have a valid LTC.
duckstopper333
hunter

Postby kjm1022 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:01 am

I have a loaded Ruger SR9c in a bed-side safe that can be accessed in 5 seconds. :thumbsup:
kjm1022
hunter

Postby JTR » Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:33 pm

Yup, mine stay locked at all times, especially if an armed Chechnyan terrorist is wandering around my neighborhood. Wouldn't want him to get the wrong idea about me, if he happened to swing by.
Ruger's Retrieves: I lost count
JTR
hunter

Return to Massachusetts Duck Hunting