Good Luck on the Mass Opener

From the Berkshires to Cape Cod, Here is the place for the Bay State waterfowler to discuss and share their Massachusetts duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: captainkevan, JoeP, Tim D, HeritageHunter, MIKE J.

Good Luck on the Mass Opener

Postby Tim D » Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:58 pm

I hope it goes well for everyone tommorow if any one needs me I'll be standing in flooded timber gettin some mallards , ive been doing really well on mallards teal and woodies up in NH , Let the games begin!!!

Tim
Tim D
State Moderator

Postby flytackle » Wed Oct 18, 2006 4:24 am

Opener here on the Cape was OK - great to get out, but not too many birds around. I hunted in the morning and got my blackie - and went back in the afternoon and got two opportunities at some mallards, but only dropped one. I haven't seen any teal around.. anyone else? Alec
flytackle
Membership permanently suspended

Postby captainkevan » Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:07 am

Opening day was okay, we had a fury at sunrise. Dropped some blacks and mallards. It was over by 7. Then went and jumped some more mallards. tuesday at dusk brought 3 more mallards. Not many birds flying this am, got 2 mallards and one black. Not a bad start for the season. All pass shooting now, doing alot more missing than hitting......... double that lead!!! Can't wait for a cold snap to push the big #'s of birds down. Good luck to all!!
~Kevan~
TEAM WASABi !!!!!!
captainkevan
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Massachusetts Duck Hunting