Fishing Help

From the Berkshires to Cape Cod, Here is the place for the Bay State waterfowler to discuss and share their Massachusetts duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: captainkevan, Tim D, HeritageHunter, MIKE J., JoeP

Fishing Help

Postby lovetheduck » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:28 pm

Alright first and fore most I'm going to state this I"M NOT LOOKING FOR GPS COORDINATES OR YOUR SPOT OR ANYTHING ELSE. Alright now that we have that all cleared up here's my situation. My helo detachment (Navy) from Jacksonville, FL is coming to cape cod for about a week and a half in September. We are going to Patrick AFB I believe to train before our deployment. Now I think I'll have one day to do some fishing which will probably happen on base. I was stationed in Norfolk and I lived in VA and MD so I've fished some up that way. And from the fishing reports it sounds like the blues will be running. So I'll bring a good 10 foot pole and probably something like a 6'6 Med. Heavy type of rig. Now all I'd like to know is if there are decent places to fish on Patrick or if I'll have to keep Google scouting until I'm up there. Also what bait do you guys use up there? I've always used squid as a general thing in salt water when I'm trying out a new place and it's never failed. Any insight from anyone up there would be a huge help for just a day of fishing and maybe a det fish fry. I appreciate it guys.....
lovetheduck
hunter

Re: Fishing Help

Postby MIKE J. » Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:33 am

Patrick AFB is on Cape Canaveral, Did you mean Otis air station on Cape Cod :beer:
"Kill counts are for snipers, fighter pilots and Novice duck hunters."
MIKE J.
Forum & State Moderator

Postby lovetheduck » Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:19 pm

Yeah sorry about that I just realized it this afternoon......But I think Otis is where we will be at.
lovetheduck
hunter

Postby MIKE J. » Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:28 pm

Almost any beach will have scup (porgie), Bluefish and some stripers. The cape cod canal is a great spot but turns on and off with every tide. The ponds around Otis have some good fishing as well. Best Bet would to go on the Helen H out of Hyannis for a day trip.
"Kill counts are for snipers, fighter pilots and Novice duck hunters."
MIKE J.
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Massachusetts Duck Hunting