Duck Hunting Forum banner

New to MA...a Gulf Coast duck out of water...

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  bob246 
#1 ·
I'm a deeply humbled waterfowl hunter who has left my hunting grounds in the Mississippi and Central flyways where I hunted mostly in rice fields and salt marshes.

My grandfather, who taught me how to hunt, was a New Englander and used to always talk about the waterfowl hunting up here. I'm sure it's not what it used to be (not with limits where they are anyway), but I'm dying to get out. With the weather cooling off...I can already feel the urge.

I'm just wondering if there are places to go in this area for someone without a lot of resources. I don't have a boat and if leases are as expensive as they are in the south...I don't have the money either. Are there accessible public hunting areas?

Thanks for any info...

Robert

#4 ·
One nice thing about hunting here is that we have not come to the point of big time $$ leases and I hope and pray that we never do.

Great link above. Check that out for sure.

#5 ·
Check out these two areas north of you. Two of the top coastal areas in the state. Salisbury Marsh in salisbury and Parker Wildlife Refuge in Newbury. Parker is 4662 acres and has walk in access. There are special regs. so check with mass. wildlife. good luck bob

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.