Federal Duck Stamp

From the Berkshires to Cape Cod, Here is the place for the Bay State waterfowler to discuss and share their Massachusetts duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: captainkevan, JoeP, Tim D, HeritageHunter, MIKE J.

Federal Duck Stamp

Postby Baymen Moe » Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:32 pm

Well, what a royal pain in the ass for me to get the stamp. During a few daily errands, I stopped by my post office where I always purchase my federal stamp. Now, I have had no problem transitioning to the electronic system of Masswildlife and getting everything I need. One stop at the USPS and I'm told you must get them on line now. A call to another "former carrier" of the stamp with the same result.

On line I go with my new iphone, what a disaster from the start. Long story short, I end up buying one over the phone. Of course you have to pay a shipping charge for something that weighs less than friggin feather, and create an account with the usps. What a bunch of BS. Must be another way for the USPS to dig itself out.

If it wasn't for beer I'd be really pissed. :lol3: :beer:
Baymen Moe
hunter

Re: Federal Duck Stamp

Postby MIKE J. » Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:50 pm

Carver P.O. has them.
"Kill counts are for snipers, fighter pilots and Novice duck hunters."
MIKE J.
Forum & State Moderator

Postby 18javelin » Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:01 pm

Walmart has them usually but my po carries them.
Underradar wrote:Well, its sad really. One day he's happily posting pics of road killed coyotes he posed as if he shot them, the next, he's stomped down the shower drain like a soft turd.
18javelin
hunter

Postby Baymen Moe » Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:06 pm

Pembroke and Duxbury po's had nothing. What the hell is going on.
Baymen Moe
hunter

Postby MIKE J. » Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:21 pm

I think the individual locations have the option to order them or not. It comes down to accountability. It is one less item to worry about in the event of an audit.
MIKE J.
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Joser06 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:05 pm

Just got mine in the mail today. The only that sucks is that I got the water activated glue one instead of the sticky back. Also looked at my license online and the "HIP survey completed" part is absent this year, unlike last year. The $1.25 shipping wasn't a big deal for me because it saved me a trip to the Lowell PO, which is an absolute nightmare
Joser06
hunter

Postby Baymen Moe » Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:04 pm

Joser06 wrote:Just got mine in the mail today. The only that sucks is that I got the water activated glue one instead of the sticky back. Also looked at my license online and the "HIP survey completed" part is absent this year, unlike last year. The $1.25 shipping wasn't a big deal for me because it saved me a trip to the Lowell PO, which is an absolute nightmare

I wonder if the lack of HIP survey completed is a problem. My license has it, bought it back in January. Look again Joser, mine is printed to the right of my name and address.
Baymen Moe
hunter

Postby Mike M. » Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:46 pm

Are there any national wildlife refuges near your area? I get mine at the Parker River Refuge on Plum Island every year. No problem.
A serious reduction in the population of black ducks would mean the end of waterfowl hunting for the majority of the New England sportsmen.

Rachel Carson, 1947
Mike M.
hunter

Postby Baymen Moe » Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:19 pm

Mike M. wrote:Are there any national wildlife refuges near your area? I get mine at the Parker River Refuge on Plum Island every year. No problem.

Hey, how's it going Mike? Done with school yet?
Baymen Moe
hunter

Postby Jofa » Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:16 pm

hey all, good to hear everyone after a quiet summer on here.

I have been thru chasing these stamps around local post offices, I work in town and get my fed stamp at the main PO down next to south station. I've driven to several towns and been skunked looking for duck stamps, it is a pita.

I do wish the state kept issuing staMps... just for my personal collection / memorabilia
Jofa
hunter

Postby Professor_Leakey » Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:46 am

ive never had any trouble getting one at my local post office, but perhaps that will change this year? gonna try tomorrow.
DuckPharm wrote:I'm talking about the pie billed goldeneye.
Professor_Leakey
hunter

Postby HeritageHunter » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:39 am

Post offices can chose to carry them or not.

I buy mine at www.duckstamp.com.

$5.95 in shipping stinks, but after going to 5 different post offices a few years ago I am ok with the extra $6 bucks, No need to set-up an account on this website either. They also sell them with the sticky adhesive versus the water activated stuff.

Good luck to all!
Keep the tradition alive and take a kid hunting!!!!

Honor our soldiers. Their sacrifice has given us our freedom.
HeritageHunter
State Moderator

Postby Joser06 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:00 pm

Baymen Moe wrote:
Joser06 wrote:Just got mine in the mail today. The only that sucks is that I got the water activated glue one instead of the sticky back. Also looked at my license online and the "HIP survey completed" part is absent this year, unlike last year. The $1.25 shipping wasn't a big deal for me because it saved me a trip to the Lowell PO, which is an absolute nightmare

I wonder if the lack of HIP survey completed is a problem. My license has it, bought it back in January. Look again Joser, mine is printed to the right of my name and address.

Just went online and checked again, it wasn't there. I read a little more into it on the ma wildlife site and it said "Check your hunting/sporting license in the Item Purchased section. If you see a line item that reads: "Waterfowl Stamp" or "HIP Survey Completed", you have already completed the process" I have the water fowl stamp there so I know I am all set.
Joser06
hunter

Postby Mike M. » Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:31 pm

Correct. There is no longer any physical duck stamp. You buy it online when you buy your hunting license and it's listed on the piece of paper itself.

I too wish they still printed a state stamp. They were very nice. MA was the only state in the country dedicated to printing a state state annually of a decoy carved by a current or deceased MA decoy carver.

Hope all are well and faired through the summer. I'm fine. Last year of school for me. Can't wait for it to be over so I can get back to more fun things like duck hunting. :biggrin:
A serious reduction in the population of black ducks would mean the end of waterfowl hunting for the majority of the New England sportsmen.

Rachel Carson, 1947
Mike M.
hunter

Postby JTR » Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:36 pm

Just FYI, Bass Pro has Federal Stamps, in case you were looking for a reason to go hang out there. :lol3:
Ruger's Retrieves: I lost count
JTR
hunter

Postby Baymen Moe » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:02 pm

JTR wrote:Just FYI, Bass Pro has Federal Stamps, in case you were looking for a reason to go hang out there. :lol3:

Last time I hung out there I came home with a Maxus, I think I'll stay home and wait for the mail to come. :lol3:
Baymen Moe
hunter

Postby MIKE J. » Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:47 pm

Baymen Moe wrote:
JTR wrote:Just FYI, Bass Pro has Federal Stamps, in case you were looking for a reason to go hang out there. :lol3:

Last time I hung out there I came home with a Maxus, I think I'll stay home and wait for the mail to come. :lol3:

So how do you like the Maxus? I love mine :thumbsup:
MIKE J.
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Baymen Moe » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:30 pm

MIKE J. wrote:
Baymen Moe wrote:

So how do you like the Maxus? I love mine :thumbsup:

So far great Mike. Some rounds of skeet and a few informal shoots with a trius trap. Points like my 1100. Even though it's lighter than my 1100, it still feels like a "solid" gun in the hands, great balance to it.
Baymen Moe
hunter

Postby seaneen » Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:35 am

Woburn PO have them
seaneen
hunter

Postby duckmanor » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:53 pm

Hingham PO, on 53 has them
duckmanor
hunter