Looking for other Western Mass hunters.

From the Berkshires to Cape Cod, Here is the place for the Bay State waterfowler to discuss and share their Massachusetts duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: captainkevan, JoeP, Tim D, MIKE J., HeritageHunter

Looking for other Western Mass hunters.

Postby Dr.Decoy » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:58 pm

Hey everybody first time posting. Iv noticed a lot of guys are from the coastal area. Looking to find some guys to hunt with in the western part of the state. I mostly hunt around the springfield area and the berkshires.Not looking for anyone's spots I have plenty of my own. Just want to find some new people to hunt with. Thanks or reading.
Dr.Decoy
Newb

Re: Looking for other Western Mass hunters.

Postby woodduck14 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:34 pm

Welcome to the site...I'm in Pittsfield and do all of my hunting in the Berkshires.
Don't tread on me.
woodduck14
hunter

Postby Dr.Decoy » Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:37 pm

Thank you. In from Westfield, but at least once a season I make it out to Pittsfield. Send me a pm if you ver want to combine forces and see what we can do
Dr.Decoy
Newb

Postby woodduck14 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:06 am

Sounds good. I graduated from WSC so I know my way around Westfield. Never got to any hunting when I was out there, something about keeping the shotgun around drunken roommates wasn't a good idea.
I did a lot of fishing off rt 20, always saw a lot of ducks while there.
Don't tread on me.
woodduck14
hunter

Postby JohnnyTeach » Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:42 pm

Hello:

Let's talk when you have the time. I also live in Westfield.
John
413 237-9744
JohnnyTeach
Newb

Postby heymrbailey » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:19 am

hey guys i am new to the site and new to duck hunting. i went out opening day yesterday, took home a duck and fell in love with the sport. I live in Becket and would really enjoy getting some pointers and hunting buddies! I turned 26 today and just want to do another evening hunt! I am interested in meeting some new hunting partners. let me know
heymrbailey
Newb

Postby McManusClan5 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:34 pm

Well, I'm in Concord, but I'm used to driving across all of OH to hunt, so western MA is no big deal. :lol3:

I have a pretty decent field rig (two coffin blinds, some full bodies and scads of silhouttes - and don't knock 'em 'til you try 'em... we crushed with them in OH. Although the MA birds might be too smart for them...) and would be more than happy to deploy it. :hammer:

I don't have spots out west or know of any fields where I can get out legally (so I understand if you ignore my post! I'm just looking for someone to hunt with, too, as there are barely ANY around where I live - worming in on anyone's spots is NOT my goal, just getting out with people...). Happy to trade hunts for some seaducking once I get the boat issue settled (as in, bought), too. Or wear a blindfold as I drive out to meet up. :wink:

Anyhow, hope you're getting after them!

Matt
McManusClan5
hunter

Postby Kamoryou » Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:38 am

I live in W. Spfld and work in Westfield. Shoot me a PM if you ever want to head out!
Kamoryou
hunter

Return to Massachusetts Duck Hunting