Hail call to Mike J.

From the Berkshires to Cape Cod, Here is the place for the Bay State waterfowler to discuss and share their Massachusetts duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: captainkevan, JoeP, Tim D, HeritageHunter, MIKE J.

Hail call to Mike J.

Postby cut_un » Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:20 pm

MJ, you doing any spanking up your way? We are holding our own down here in Va. Been hammering the blacknecks, The duckin has been kind of slow, but with this cold snap, it's heating up!
Hope you and your family are doing well, enjoying your new place and doing some fowling damage :thumbsup:
Take care buddy :salude:
Big Al's" Take 'Em" Silhouettes Pro Staff

Team Chasin' Feathers
Eastern Shore Rod & Gun Club
Share your passion, take a kid hunting!
cut_un
hunter

Postby MIKE J. » Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:06 pm

Cut, The family and I are doing great thanks,

As for the hunting ??? Virginia has it's Duck Blind laws, WELL, Massachusetts has it's Gun Laws and I cannot possess a weapon in the field until I receive my Firearms ID card "FID" from the state.

When I first arrived I was told that I have a 90 day resident military exemption to possess weapons while I wait for the application to be processed, :thumbsup: well that means in my residence only , Not in the field :thumbsdown:

I signed up for an appointment/interview at the local police department on 12 Oct, I didn't get interviewed until 24 Nov, got called today to go back to the PD for Fingerprints, now it will be another 4-6 weeks for the State police to do thier thing. pretty much seals this season up for me.

$76 for hunting license and stamps and I cant hunt. :pissed: But any non-resident can come to Mass and go hunt without the laws pertaining to them. :pissed: :pissed:

I have been lurking in the Va forum, I see the annual "" Blind law discussion""" has surfaced again, glad to see Big Shorty taking the flamethrower to LD and making sure the newbies are on the right side of the regulations.

Good Luck and if we ever really get any cold weather here i'm sure the ducks will move south for You and the guys.

Be safe and have a great Christmas :salude:
"Kill counts are for snipers, fighter pilots and Novice duck hunters."
MIKE J.
Forum & State Moderator

Postby cut_un » Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:31 am

Man, that's a bummer! I guess each state has it's down side! Hope you can get it all worked out and behind you! I know your finger has got to be itching! Good Luck and hope you and yours has a great Holiday season! :thumbsup:
Big Al's" Take 'Em" Silhouettes Pro Staff

Team Chasin' Feathers
Eastern Shore Rod & Gun Club
Share your passion, take a kid hunting!
cut_un
hunter

Return to Massachusetts Duck Hunting