2013 Youth Pheasant Hunt & Waterfowl Hunt

From the Berkshires to Cape Cod, Here is the place for the Bay State waterfowler to discuss and share their Massachusetts duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: captainkevan, JoeP, Tim D, MIKE J., HeritageHunter

2013 Youth Pheasant Hunt & Waterfowl Hunt

Postby MIKE J. » Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:45 am

I have 15 young adults that are currently enrolled in the 2013 Young Adult Pheasant hunt program at the Carver Sportsmans Club. They will be hunting stocked birds on Saturday 5 October 2013 at the Myles Standish Quail fields in Plymouth. If you have an upland hunting dog and would like to get a pre season warm-up with the youths shooting over your dog please let me know.

As a follow on to the pheasant hunt I try to get as many of the youths out on a waterfowl hunt during the youth day on the 12th of October. I need individuals that are willing to take a young adult out for a morning of waterfowling. If you think you might be willing to help please PM and I will answer any questions you may have.

Thanks Moe for already volunteering for the waterfowl side and I have already talked to Tom L. about the upland portion.
"Kill counts are for snipers, fighter pilots and Novice duck hunters."
MIKE J.
Forum & State Moderator

Re: 2013 Youth Pheasant Hunt & Waterfowl Hunt

Postby JTR » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:12 am

Mike, I'll try to swing the waterfowl hunt, but I don't think I'll be around that weekend. I'll let ya know in the next few days.
Ruger's Retrieves: I lost count
JTR
hunter

Re: 2013 Youth Pheasant Hunt & Waterfowl Hunt

Postby Baymen Moe » Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:12 pm

MIKE J. wrote: Thanks Moe for already volunteering for the waterfowl side and I have already talked to Tom L. about the upland portion.

That's great that you've talked to Tom already. Shoot me an e mail or pm on the waterfowl details. I can take one in the canoe and I promise it will be FUN. I just spent a week with 65 6th graders at a school program called Nature's Classroom. Best chaperone job I've ever had.
Baymen Moe
hunter

Return to Massachusetts Duck Hunting