How is the hunting been so far?

From the Berkshires to Cape Cod, Here is the place for the Bay State waterfowler to discuss and share their Massachusetts duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: captainkevan, Tim D, HeritageHunter, MIKE J., JoeP

How is the hunting been so far?

Postby Wingbuster » Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:01 pm

How has the hunting been in your area? I have not seen alot of ducks, mostly geese and I think they are locals. I have been hunting Bridgewater, Hanson, Plymouth area.
John
Wingbuster
Newb

Hunting not so hot

Postby Wingbuster » Tue Dec 26, 2006 5:06 pm

Duck Hunting has been slow for me so far this year, I guess because of the abnormal amount of warm weather. Not many ducks driven south. I have been hunting the lakes and river in Taunton, Bridgewater and Hanson. Mostly local ducks and Geese have, circled my dekes but nothing to brag about. I have had good luck in the past with 8-9 mallards mixed with 4-6 geese decoys, .... that usually commit most ducks for a close look, but not this year. Anybody been hunting the rivers, iI heard that the Nashua River in Groton was a hot spot earlier in the year?
John
Wingbuster
Newb

Birds

Postby Tim D » Tue Dec 26, 2006 7:08 pm

welcome John!!

I've been out alot this year but the good numbers of ducks are around now , last few days we've put the smack down on some good numbers of green heads , geese WELL there dime a dozen an rising count!! I do well in those area of hunting aswell , I have not seen many wterfowlers out at all this year !! Keep us posted on your season!!

Thanks TimD :thumbsup:
Tim D
State Moderator

Return to Massachusetts Duck Hunting