newbie saying hello

From the Berkshires to Cape Cod, Here is the place for the Bay State waterfowler to discuss and share their Massachusetts duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: captainkevan, Tim D, HeritageHunter, MIKE J., JoeP

newbie saying hello

Postby plumb n gun » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:13 pm

just wanted to say hello, fantastic site been lurking for a long time finally got around to registering. About 5 or 6 years ago i charted a sea duck hunt out of Duxbury since then its been game on (extreamly addictive personality). I recently bought a 14 TDB classic. The problem is I hunt with a friend who very rarely makes it out and i go it alone. Not trying to hi jack someones hunting spot i just don't feel comfortable hunting out of a boat alone. I have a dog who will retrieve anything as long as she sees it fall ( i usually have a pocket full of rocks to throw at a down bird. no excuses lack of training on my part.) This site seems to be the place to find other hunters so if anyone is interested I would like the company.
plumb n gun
hunter

Re: newbie saying hello

Postby Baymen Moe » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:25 pm

:welcome:
Baymen Moe
hunter

Postby Professor_Leakey » Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:32 pm

welcome to the forum. i tend to keep a few rocks in my pocket for that reason, too. :beer:
whereabouts on the south shore are you? just how long you been lurking?
I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.
Professor_Leakey
hunter

Postby bigcat » Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:31 pm

I love sea ducking,and been hunting from shore.
:welcome:
bigcat
hunter

Postby plumb n gun » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:13 pm

I live in Braintree, been lurkin for a couple of years. Havn't hunted sea ducks for a couple of years and the 14 classic is not realy the boat for big water, inland protected water should be fine. I will know more about the boat this Saturday taking my 11 year old out for his first duck hunt. With any luck will have a pic or 2 to post. thanks for the welcome
plumb n gun
hunter

Postby MIKE J. » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:57 am

Welcome,

Good luck on the youth day! I have a classic too and it is a great boat in the right conditions. Perfect for 2 hunters. :beer:
"Kill counts are for snipers, fighter pilots and Novice duck hunters."
MIKE J.
Forum & State Moderator

Postby dennisducks » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:49 am

Welcome!

I do a bunch of sea-duckin' down on cape. Do you ever make it out that far?
dennisducks
Newb

Postby Hungry for Ducks » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:08 am

plumb n gun,

I live up in Malden but can make it out anywhere if you ever want a hunting buddy. I caught the fever last year when I went to Stuttgart Arkansas with my brother and his father-in-law on their yearly hunt. Totally hooked but also have nobody to go with. I have decoys and been practicing my calling but do not have a boat, just chest waders for marsh. I have never gone Sea Duck hunting, but always open to trying new things. I've also been scouting some areas like the Oxbow NWR and the Assabet River NWR. Private Message me if you want to try and go one Saturday morning in November.

- Dan
Hungry for Ducks
Newb

Return to Massachusetts Duck Hunting