Youth Hunt

From the Berkshires to Cape Cod, Here is the place for the Bay State waterfowler to discuss and share their Massachusetts duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: captainkevan, MIKE J., JoeP, HeritageHunter, Tim D

Youth Hunt

Postby Baymen Moe » Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:25 pm

If you all get a chance one day to take a young hunter out, do it. I had the pleasure yesterday guiding a youngster. Although the young man did not connect, he got a good amount of shooting in, mostly Wood ducks. It was fun to get out before the start of the regular season, but I have to admit I did not sleep well, the excitement was just as much as if I was going on opening day.

A big thank you to Mike J. for having the confidence in me, and the ability to convey to the boys family that it was ok to drop him off to me without meeting me first. We both had a great time. Not only did we shoot over a decoys spread, but also did some jump shooting from the canoe, which was exciting.
CH.JPG

CH2.JPG
Baymen Moe
hunter

Re: Youth Hunt

Postby Professor_Leakey » Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:53 am

too bad he didnt get one, baymen...but hopefully he caught the bug and wants to get out there again. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
DuckPharm wrote:I'm talking about the pie billed goldeneye.
Professor_Leakey
hunter

Postby Joser06 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:58 pm

he is looking like he is having fun. I hope he comes back for more
Joser06
hunter

Postby McManusClan5 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:18 pm

That's AWESOME, and absolutely what hunting needs, so thank you!

I now know what you mean about the excitement. I took all three of mine out last year (and with a guide), my oldest boy shooting on birds for the first time and his younger sister and brother watching. He bagged two buffies and now ALL THREE are hooked. I didn't shoot all morning but have never had a better hunt in all my years.

Congrats on getting to share that with a youngster. Something special, for sure.

Matt
McManusClan5
hunter

Return to Massachusetts Duck Hunting