Duck Hunting Forum banner

4 man goose limit

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  woodduck14 
#1 ·
Got out this morning for a great canada shoot. We were packed up by 8am. The birds pretty much came in on a string. Couldn't have been a better morning.

Jumped a mallard on the way home, put it in the frying pan with some bacon and then had brunch.

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
Thanks guys, I've been a hardcore duck hunter, but these goose field hunts are slowly turning me. The ease of driving the truck with all the gear to the spot is awesome along with never having to deal with water and the beauty of watching geese cupped and commited into the spread.

#7 ·
woodduck14 said:
Thanks guys, I've been a hardcore duck hunter, but these goose field hunts are slowly turning me. The ease of driving the truck with all the gear to the spot is awesome along with never having to deal with water and the beauty of watching geese cupped and commited into the spread.
Field hunts are definitely a spectacle. I remember my first one in OH. I was skeptical, having had a great seaduck season the previous year here in MA before moving, but went out with a buddy who had the whole area wired, and we were ON the "x" no doubt.

We limited out in no time (first field hunt, first goose, and first band that day - and another band the next! - Helluva weekend), and then just sat out in the fresh snow and took turns practicing calling them in and trying to get them to finish into the spread.

The sight of several hundred geese coming in 50 at a time is one that I won't ever forget. :eek: Ever. Total waterfowling crack!

Glad you got to experience that! It's something else (and geese are sooooo tasty!). :drool:

Matt

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.