Solo Hunt Today 11/11/13

From the Berkshires to Cape Cod, Here is the place for the Bay State waterfowler to discuss and share their Massachusetts duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: captainkevan, MIKE J., JoeP, HeritageHunter, Tim D

Solo Hunt Today 11/11/13

Postby Professor_Leakey » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:49 pm

Bunker came down for a short visit yesterday and we talked decoys and wind etc, had a couple beers, and cooked up a nice little meal of bacon wrapped Teal breasts, skewered and sprinkled with black pepper, cooked til the bacon is crispy and the Teal are pink in the middle... :drool: Thanks for the deer steaks, too, man...congrats :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

When I paddled out this morning, I had intended on hunting another area, but the wind was blowing pretty hard and not in my favor. So I put Plan B into effect. I set up in another spot that was better suited for the wind. Birds started flying 10 minutes before legal shoot. Right at legal I killed 2 Ringers. I sat down to light a victory smoke and 2 seconds later whoosh comes some more decoying in, took 1 shot at the lead bird and splash go 2 more. My first twofer and a close call! 3 shots and my limit of Ringers! I thought I might have a chance at my first ever 6 duck limit but I did not have any more shots. The big ducks put down in an off limits cove. Only heard a few other far off shots. More than happy to get a limit of Ringers this morning, though, and nice to see new birds moving in.

DuckPharm wrote:I'm talking about the pie billed goldeneye.
Professor_Leakey
hunter

Re: Solo Hunt Today 11/11/13

Postby Baymen Moe » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:53 pm

Nice job Leakey, Ringers are a very cool looking bird. The teal breasts look even better.
Baymen Moe
hunter

Postby McManusClan5 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:12 pm

I've always been a breast man, but those are almost obscenely attractive. :devil:

Nice hunt!

I'm hoping to get out for an hour tomorrow morning - hope there are some new birds in…

Matt
McManusClan5
hunter

Postby Joser06 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:57 pm

Duded congrats on the ringnecks. I am yet to even see one during hunting season. Those teal nuggets look awesome too! Keep at it
Joser06
hunter

Postby woodduck14 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:53 pm

Nice shoot on the ringers!
I had the same brunch today although mine were woodies and not teal. Great way to cook them
Don't tread on me.
woodduck14
hunter

Return to Massachusetts Duck Hunting