Solo Hunt Today 11/11/13

From the Berkshires to Cape Cod, Here is the place for the Bay State waterfowler to discuss and share their Massachusetts duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: JoeP, HeritageHunter, MIKE J.

Solo Hunt Today 11/11/13

Postby Professor_Leakey » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:49 pm

Bunker came down for a short visit yesterday and we talked decoys and wind etc, had a couple beers, and cooked up a nice little meal of bacon wrapped Teal breasts, skewered and sprinkled with black pepper, cooked til the bacon is crispy and the Teal are pink in the middle... :drool: Thanks for the deer steaks, too, man...congrats :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

When I paddled out this morning, I had intended on hunting another area, but the wind was blowing pretty hard and not in my favor. So I put Plan B into effect. I set up in another spot that was better suited for the wind. Birds started flying 10 minutes before legal shoot. Right at legal I killed 2 Ringers. I sat down to light a victory smoke and 2 seconds later whoosh comes some more decoying in, took 1 shot at the lead bird and splash go 2 more. My first twofer and a close call! 3 shots and my limit of Ringers! I thought I might have a chance at my first ever 6 duck limit but I did not have any more shots. The big ducks put down in an off limits cove. Only heard a few other far off shots. More than happy to get a limit of Ringers this morning, though, and nice to see new birds moving in.

Eschutz wrote:1. Find urban/suburban pond, 5 acres or less is ideal.
2. Ask yourself, you think anyone has the balls to hunt this?
3. Pound the piss out of it and collect band money.
4. Come back following day, check for no trespass signs, repeat #3 accordingly.

Re: Solo Hunt Today 11/11/13

Postby Baymen Moe » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:53 pm

Nice job Leakey, Ringers are a very cool looking bird. The teal breasts look even better.
Baymen Moe

Postby McManusClan5 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:12 pm

I've always been a breast man, but those are almost obscenely attractive. :devil:

Nice hunt!

I'm hoping to get out for an hour tomorrow morning - hope there are some new birds in…

Postby Joser06 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:57 pm

Duded congrats on the ringnecks. I am yet to even see one during hunting season. Those teal nuggets look awesome too! Keep at it

Postby woodduck14 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:53 pm

Nice shoot on the ringers!
I had the same brunch today although mine were woodies and not teal. Great way to cook them
Don't tread on me.

Return to Massachusetts Duck Hunting