hunter and community relations

From the Berkshires to Cape Cod, Here is the place for the Bay State waterfowler to discuss and share their Massachusetts duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: captainkevan, JoeP, Tim D, MIKE J., HeritageHunter

Re: hunter and community relations

Postby SMSovis » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:19 pm

Sshorearcher wrote:The area is owned by a private, non-profit land trust. Unless they post their land against hunting, it is treated the same as private land and presumed open.

The fact of the matter is that this group of "hunters" is doing a major disservice to the sport and the vast majority of us hunters that use common sense and common courtesy, and treat land owners with respect. Their actions are, mark my words, going to end up swaying public opinion against hunters enough locally, that towns will begin to pass even more restrictive bylaws and, perhaps, even gain enough momentum to increase discharge setbacks statewide.

It is time, in my opinion, for all of the intelligent, respectful hunters to let their voices be heard and not be afraid to speak out in public (to newspapers, media, etc.) that we do not condone the type of actions that this small group of hunters have repeatedly been involved in.

Im all for legal hunting, and generally feel that we should all remain united as sportsmen, but sometimes it makes more sense to weed out the bad apples that threaten the very sport that we all hold so dear to our hearts. :mad:

There is a group together on a private forum that is already working on this! :thumbsup:
"Crime doesn't pay, and weasels finish last."
SMSovis
hunter

Postby Professor_Leakey » Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:00 pm

very well said, Sshorearcher.
I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.
Professor_Leakey
hunter

Postby MIKE J. » Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:33 pm

Baymen Moe wrote:Extremely well said archer. Those are my thoughts exactly.

Ditto!
"Kill counts are for snipers, fighter pilots and Novice duck hunters."
MIKE J.
Forum & State Moderator

Postby JTR » Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:42 pm

Sshorearcher wrote:The area is owned by a private, non-profit land trust. Unless they post their land against hunting, it is treated the same as private land and presumed open.

The fact of the matter is that this group of "hunters" is doing a major disservice to the sport and the vast majority of us hunters that use common sense and common courtesy, and treat land owners with respect. Their actions are, mark my words, going to end up swaying public opinion against hunters enough locally, that towns will begin to pass even more restrictive bylaws and, perhaps, even gain enough momentum to increase discharge setbacks statewide.

It is time, in my opinion, for all of the intelligent, respectful hunters to let their voices be heard and not be afraid to speak out in public (to newspapers, media, etc.) that we do not condone the type of actions that this small group of hunters have repeatedly been involved in.

Im all for legal hunting, and generally feel that we should all remain united as sportsmen, but sometimes it makes more sense to weed out the bad apples that threaten the very sport that we all hold so dear to our hearts. :mad:

Words of wisdom right there. I agree completely. Unfortunately, those of us with brains are going to have to pick up the pieces from a select group.
Ruger's Retrieves: I lost count
JTR
hunter

Postby Baymen Moe » Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:46 pm

Hey Matt, let's get more of us involved. PM with any info.
Baymen Moe
hunter

Postby Professor_Leakey » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:58 pm

I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.
Professor_Leakey
hunter

Postby MIKE J. » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:45 pm

Gotta love the comments in that article, most are from brand new "fake" accounts set up recently just to keep bumping it to the top, of course in "support" of hunting rights. At a recent sporting club banquet they were talking about this. Right or Wrong, Bottom line is there is No support for the "individuals" responsible for the recent events and media articles from the sporting population in Mass. They are making quite the name for themselves.

The Anti's love seeing a few hunters creating an atmosphere of hate and discontent within the ranks of the hunting community while simultaneously gaining the support of bills like 657 from the voters.
"Kill counts are for snipers, fighter pilots and Novice duck hunters."
MIKE J.
Forum & State Moderator

Postby GMC2500HD » Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:43 pm

The world continues to surprise me......O wait no it doesn't.Some people seem to get dumber and dumber
GMC2500HD
hunter

Previous

Return to Massachusetts Duck Hunting