New to the area

From the Berkshires to Cape Cod, Here is the place for the Bay State waterfowler to discuss and share their Massachusetts duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: captainkevan, Tim D, HeritageHunter, MIKE J., JoeP

New to the area

Postby docbates7 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:52 pm

Hello all- Just wanted to introduce myself. I have recently moved to the Pioneer Valley area. I'm originally from the Berkshires, but have only ever done duck hunting out West with some family. So i was hoping I could get some advice as to where us western MA people go to get some duck hunting in.

I also like to do some upland game hunting. I've tried pheasant in the berkshires and some quail out west as well.

hey everyone
docbates7
Newb

Postby MIKE J. » Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:38 pm

:welcome: Doc, there is a few members from your area, kinda slow on here during the off season, keep checking in as the season gets closer.

Mike
"Kill counts are for snipers, fighter pilots and Novice duck hunters."
MIKE J.
Forum & State Moderator

Hi

Postby Tim D » Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:16 pm

:welcome: :welcome: Great group of guys here ,it will get busy as the season gets close like Mike said , But welcome.

Tim
"Don't Hate the Player,Hate the Game."

Call'em Close ,Kill'em Clean

Ten Bears Tims"Tang"ueray

Ten Bears Tims Times are "Ruff"
Tim D
State Moderator

welcome

Postby captainkevan » Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:10 am

Hey Doc,

Like the guys said, off season can be pretty slow on the site. However, there are always a few of us keeping up on things. Welcome!!! :cheers:
~Kevan~
TEAM WASABi !!!!!!
captainkevan
Forum & State Moderator

thanks guys

Postby docbates7 » Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:30 am

yeah i figured thigns would be slow this time o year, but I thought i'd jump in early. Thanks for the welcome
docbates7
Newb

Postby Tucker03 » Sat May 05, 2007 6:56 am

Doc,
I'm new here as well. Up from Louisiana and duck hunting here ain't quite like the south. I've joined the local chapter of DU and and tried to get some spots but folks aren't too quick to give up a sweet spot. I've done a lot of scouting the past two years and have found the only reliable info is there are resident birds and that's about it. The geese as you well know are plentiful if you can figure out when and where they want to be (which is usually the area you can't hunt). I hear from a lot of folks the CT River right around your area is good for Canadas provided you scout 'em out and figure out where they're feeding on all those fields and when they jump over to the river. I haven't scouted that area too much so I don't know where all the small waters along the river are. I've just put my boots on and gone looking for little holes in the woods that hold residents. Good luck!
Tucker03
hunter

thanks

Postby docbates7 » Mon May 14, 2007 9:36 am

trucker, thanks for the info. I figured we probably weren't on any good duck migration patterns. I'll have to get my boots on and walk around to find some holes.

thanks againf for the info
docbates7
Newb

Return to Massachusetts Duck Hunting