5 year old lab

From the Berkshires to Cape Cod, Here is the place for the Bay State waterfowler to discuss and share their Massachusetts duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: captainkevan, Tim D, HeritageHunter, MIKE J., JoeP

5 year old lab

Postby Bulldog87 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:55 am

I have a 5 year old chocolate lab that is 92 lbs of pure muscle this dog is so strong and such a good swimmer it's unbelievable. I would like to find someone who could help train him he has basic obedience training with a clicker and Keats pretty quick he's a little rambunctious and get excited but I think with some work he will be a good bird dog. I need some info on we're to maybe take him to be trained not sure I will have the time between two little ones at home and a full time job. He's a little gun shy but I believe he can be broken of that he is more scared of thunder and m80s time bangs which in my opinion are much louder than a 12 gauge. I live in Methuen mass right on Salem nh border but will travel reasonable distances thanks again for any hell or suggestions!
Bulldog87
hunter

Re: 5 year old lab

Postby tpd5 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:59 pm

Buck Shope (swift river retrievers)
Jim Pickunka (Pond View retrievers)
Lois Munroe (heart and soul retrievers)

There are a few others around as well.
tpd5
hunter

Re: 5 year old lab

Postby JTR » Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:30 am

If the dog is scared of thunder and m-80s, I would take it really slow with the introduction to guns.
Ruger's Retrieves: I lost count
JTR
hunter

Return to Massachusetts Duck Hunting