Skeet/trap ranges?

From the Berkshires to Cape Cod, Here is the place for the Bay State waterfowler to discuss and share their Massachusetts duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: captainkevan, Tim D, HeritageHunter, MIKE J., JoeP

Skeet/trap ranges?

Postby GMC2500HD » Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:35 am

Any of you guys know any good skeet/trap ranges that are south of boston preferably South Shore area. I know braintree has skeet, but i am unsure about how they run it, and does Scituate still run it regularly if i remember correctly sundays/Wednesdays?? . If so do you have to be a member of the club? Bought a bunch of target loads a while back but haven't shot any, now is the time i have to start removing them from the safe.
GMC2500HD
hunter

Re: Skeet/trap ranges?

Postby MIKE J. » Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:49 am

Scituate, Hanson, Plymouth, Old Colony gun clubs all have ranges. I would give them a yell or look it up online to see if they are open to the public.
"Kill counts are for snipers, fighter pilots and Novice duck hunters."
MIKE J.
Forum & State Moderator

Postby plumb n gun » Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:46 pm

Holbrook Sportsman club has a nice trap range. It was open to the public on Wednesday nights at 6 pm. Best bet is to check thier website they may have changed thier open to public policy
plumb n gun
hunter

Postby TCOMass » Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:00 pm

I am a member of Holbrook Sportsmans Club. Open to the public Wednesdays 6pm to 9pm Trap Field. Usually run 3 houses. 1 for beginner. And 1 or 2 for more experianced shooters. The instructional field teachers are very knowledgable, and patient. Check it out. you won't be disappointed.
The Marsh is my Church. My boat is my pew. Black coffee my wine. Tom
TCOMass
hunter

Postby bigcat » Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:16 am

TCOMass wrote:I am a member of Holbrook Sportsmans Club. Open to the public Wednesdays 6pm to 9pm Trap Field. Usually run 3 houses. 1 for beginner. And 1 or 2 for more experianced shooters. The instructional field teachers are very knowledgable, and patient. Check it out. you won't be disappointed.

The policy for Wednesday nights has changed for the time being due to construction issues.
The new... old policy is in affect one member one guest.
bigcat
hunter

Return to Massachusetts Duck Hunting