hows everyone doing

From the Berkshires to Cape Cod, Here is the place for the Bay State waterfowler to discuss and share their Massachusetts duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: captainkevan, MIKE J., JoeP, HeritageHunter, Tim D

hows everyone doing

Postby Tim D » Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:26 pm

Just wondering whats everyone up too , any one else get out during early season goose , next I guess would be gettting the duck decoys ready , Its that time of year so lets get this forum talking again been pretty quite !!

4 birds sporting Rolex's and neck coller!!
Tim :yes: Image
"Don't Hate the Player,Hate the Game."

Call'em Close ,Kill'em Clean

Ten Bears Tims"Tang"ueray

Ten Bears Tims Times are "Ruff"
Tim D
State Moderator

Getting ready!

Postby easterngray » Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:30 am

No good geese numbers here on the outer Cape, but I'm getting ready for duck season. Hoping to see some good GWT numbers early on - good hunting! Alec
easterngray
hunter

getting out of the heat??

Postby briggsy » Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:34 pm

Well, it is that time of year again...my Commander finally gave me the blessing to take leave for opening week and try my luck in Central Mass. (I am in the AF, stationed in the only place in the country null and void of anything that flies like a duck!!!!!!)....NW Florida, Eglin AFB. Anyway, I have posted here before, and love reading all of the action posts. Last year it was tough, some of our spots were over run with pheasant hunters, seeing as the stated decided to open up ducks, after pheasant season for second time in a row. what have you all been seeing in Central Mass?? Any teal/woodies around?? my brother has been telling he is seeing good numbers of acorns in the river...that means the woodies will be loading up!!!! I am going to retire in 3 years and plan on moving back, I look forward to swapping some sea duck/goose hunts for some serious marsh/flooded timber hunts. We have some choice spots, almost all to ourselves.....you ever notice that duck hunters and bow hunters will go through hell to hunt a good spot....I laugh at road hunters, who jump out and shoot at a duck/pheasant that they see from the side of the road...ha!!!!

Mike J....we chatted last year....can you revisit the process you went through for your FID card?? I will be going through the same thing soon enough...I did have one issued back when I was 16...will they consider that a renewal?? even after not being a resident for 19 years?? I will retire up there in March 2011....that should be enough time to get it done before Sept...right???

Anyway, long post, but I figured I would get things started....is it ever going to cool down??? I thought it was hot here...come on rain and cold!!!
briggsy from Central MASS, stationed in FL, ADAF
briggsy
hunter

how's everyone doing

Postby captainkevan » Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:00 am

Early season had it's ups and downs. I only got out 4 days but bagged 13 geese, no jewelry, though. This is my first season hunting with a layout blind ....Talk about IN YOUR FACE hunting!!!!! This is GREAT!

I also found that a few of the spots I have acquired to hunt are VERY promising for duck season, as well as goose.

Kevan
~Kevan~
TEAM WASABi !!!!!!
captainkevan
Forum & State Moderator

Postby JoeP » Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:20 pm

Tim, Nice Job !! Well I brought three of my friends out the second to last
day of the early season and we came home with twenty geese !! Had a
big feast at a local club and watched the football games. My friend made
a big pot of goose chilli, and all the boys loved it ! It was a great day.
:thumbsup:

Joe P
JoeP
State Moderator

Postby JoeP » Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:24 pm

Oh Tim, also congrats on the banded birds, our last bird of the day
had a band. Are neck bands usually from around here, or do they do
neck bands all over??

Joe P
JoeP
State Moderator

Postby MIKE J. » Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:23 pm

Way to go Tim, Congrats.

Briggsy - Welcome back, PM sent regarding the FID dilemma I experienced when I moved back to Mass.

Kevan, we need to hook-up soon so I can get you those dekes. I will be in your neck of the woods Sat for the Youth Waterfowl Hunt.

Good Luck everyone :thumbsup:
"Kill counts are for snipers, fighter pilots and Novice duck hunters."
MIKE J.
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Massachusetts Duck Hunting