Young Gun

From the Berkshires to Cape Cod, Here is the place for the Bay State waterfowler to discuss and share their Massachusetts duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: captainkevan, Tim D, MIKE J., JoeP, HeritageHunter

Young Gun

Postby Baymen Moe » Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:55 pm

My son turned 12 today and as promised I got him to the skeet fields at Old Colony. This was his very first time shooting a shotgun, and I must say he did quite well. We had the luxury of having the place to ourselves, and thanks to Tom L, the luxury of club youth guns to use. Having the range empty was really a plus because I could break my son in on some of the easier targets first, like a low house 7 etc...And we could pick and choose the shot's he wanted to try with the one box of shells he was shooting. I don't think his shoulder could take 2 rounds of skeet just yet. He shot the beak off a few and really dusted some others. After my son finished, Tom and I shot a regular round of skeet, like old times. Time for the season to get here.
jonshooting2.JPG

jonshooting.JPG

jonshooting3.JPG
Last edited by Baymen Moe on Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Baymen Moe
hunter

Re: Young Gun

Postby Professor_Leakey » Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:56 pm

congrats, baymen :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.
Professor_Leakey
hunter

Postby MIKE J. » Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:52 pm

Enjoy every minute afield with the Lil Baymen. They grow up too quick. seems like yesterday mine was 12 and now he is going to college. Congrats and FYI the youth Pheasant Hunt program is starting next week at Carver. Let me know if you are interested.
"Kill counts are for snipers, fighter pilots and Novice duck hunters."
MIKE J.
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Baymen Moe » Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:52 pm

Thanks Mike, boy do they grow up fast. My daughter starts high school in Sept, YIKES! And Jon starts middle school. As you may know I have a love hate thing for pheasant hunting in Massachusetts. If I do get my son into a hunt, you know who I'll be calling, a certain guy with a few English setters, getting away from the crowds if possible and taking our sweet time.
Baymen Moe
hunter

Return to Massachusetts Duck Hunting