New Purchases?

From the Berkshires to Cape Cod, Here is the place for the Bay State waterfowler to discuss and share their Massachusetts duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: captainkevan, MIKE J., JoeP, HeritageHunter, Tim D

New Purchases?

Postby Baymen Moe » Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:56 pm

We're getting closer to the season folks. Anyone spending any dough on new gear? I finally got a leak in my Cabelas Ultimates last year in the boot. Those things lasted me forever, more than ten years I think, unheard of for waders. I ordered a pair of the One Strap waders yesterday. Reguarly $249, on sale for $189, and with some reward points I got them for $150 shipped, smart shopping. All I need now is a gun for the kid.
Baymen Moe
hunter

Re: New Purchases?

Postby Professor_Leakey » Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:44 pm

i bought an otter stealth 2000 and a 55 lb thrust electric motor to push it around. building a dolly for it because it is a bit of a bear to drag around. my wader boots blew out on me last season, too...but cabelas was kind enough to replace them for me.

man, i am getting excited. i also managed to grab a few plastic pallets to use as flooring in couple different blinds. gotta go out next week to set them up.
DuckPharm wrote:I'm talking about the pie billed goldeneye.
Professor_Leakey
hunter

Postby rip » Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:02 pm

I got a Ranger 800 . A Howa Axiom 223 and A new A5 12 ga 3 1/2 mag . I'm shopping for tracks for the Ranger now :beer:
rip
hunter

Postby SMSovis » Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:12 am

Well I went a little crazy for this season. I moved away from the coast and plan to do a lot more field hunting. :biggrin:

I got 4 dozen big foots, 1 dozen full body ducks, 3 mojo's, a dozen big foot floaters, new layout (GHG ground force), half dozen black ducks, half a dozen over sized mallards, and some other randoms. Of course bags for everything as well.

Still looking for a 12' or 14' enclosed trailer to set up for field hunting. If anyone knows of a used one or has one please reach out via PM. I may end up just buying a new one...

Can't wait for the season to get rolling. The geese out my way are just beginning to move around...

Good luck to all this season!
"Crime doesn't pay, and weasels finish last."
SMSovis
hunter

Postby kjm1022 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:56 am

I added a new puppy to the family, Gracie, but she won't be hunting this season. Training will be commencing in the next few months.
I've flirted with going out to scout and check out some spots and blinds, but to be honest....I'm still spearfishing!! :thumbsup:
Last edited by kjm1022 on Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
kjm1022
hunter

Postby Joser06 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:10 pm

Great looking pup right there. Did you get her from a breeder?

I ended buying a Hobie proangler 14 for hunting/fishing. I think it should be a good rig for sneak some larger creeks.

I plan on buying some higdon bufflehead, golden eye and black duck decoys along with some longline materials tonight.

Does anybody target divers here in the state? I really have no clue how to go for em and am buying the buffies and GE dekes because they are the only divers I have seen in the Merrimac.
Joser06
hunter

Postby kjm1022 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:32 am

Joser06 wrote:Great looking pup right there. Did you get her from a breeder?

I ended buying a Hobie proangler 14 for hunting/fishing. I think it should be a good rig for sneak some larger creeks.

I plan on buying some higdon bufflehead, golden eye and black duck decoys along with some longline materials tonight.

Does anybody target divers here in the state? I really have no clue how to go for em and am buying the buffies and GE dekes because they are the only divers I have seen in the Merrimac.

Yes, same breeder Zoe is from.
kjm1022
hunter

Postby CrazyToHunt » Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:00 pm

Duck Boat

Labrador retriever

SBE2

Waders

Diver rig

I can't wait to tear it up!!!
CrazyToHunt
hunter

Postby PghDuckHunter » Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:46 am

New Lab Pup (although not for this season)

Browning Cynergy in Max 5 Over/Under .12 ga.

2 dozen Big Foot goose dekes

A couple of calls

Cabelas Ultimate Layout blind
PghDuckHunter
hunter

Return to Massachusetts Duck Hunting